• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

11.6 weeks and uterus on left hand side

tuppance

Reaction score
My uterus is on the left hand side, with absolutely no room taken up on the right by it. I thought it would move, but it seems to have stayed like this for the last couple of weeks. When I lie down it looks really wonky :shrug:

I was just wondering if any one else has had this?

With my son, he favored my right side. When I would go in for appointments, my MW would always laugh because she could always catch his heartbeat clear as day on the right. I would say quite normal. :)

Thanks so much for the reply. It's good to know other bubbas like to sneak off to one side!

I already know my uterus is positioned more to my left side, so I'm assuming a bump will appear there first while it's small, it will probably take a while to get centered out. probably completely normal!

Not to freak you out, buy any chance you have a unicornate uterus? I do (basically it's half a normal uterus and only on one side). My bump is still small but it is definitely positioned on the left, since I have no uterine space on the right. With this the bump will tend to be lopsided throughout the pregnancy. Just something to look into if you are concerned about it.

How do you know what side your uterus is on?

My uterus seems to stick out a little bit more on the left side, but I have scar tissue on the right side from an appendectomy. So I figure that is why. The right side seems to be growing still, but the left side grows faster. The baby always is in the right side of my uterus. I have a doppler and only find him/her on the right, but I am not sure if that matters right now cause they are still so little.

Mine is on the left too! I mean, I can clearly feel it already and it in completely to the left of center, not to the right at all. So weird. It was like this for my last pregnancy too...and it is retroverted. :shrug:

Thank you all for your replies - I really appreciate it.

THankfully today it decided to move to the middle, and back to the left again so I think it's just a little fidget box.

pugmama22 - I know what side my uterus is on as I get a quite big bulge there that's hard and almost like a grapefruit. I can only feel it properly when I lie down and need to pee!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->