11 months BF and pumping...almost to the end

loved2830

Baby #2 almost half way baked!
Reaction score
Hi Ladies! Hope you and your little ones are all doing well.

While my relationship with BF has been a love/hate relationship...I can honestly say I am so ready to be finished BF.:happydance::happydance:

My DD will be 1 next month and I am so happy to have made it this far and that I will be able to say I BF for 12mo. I want to quit now but I dont want to just stop when I have made it this far.

I will miss those long nursing sessions...since now they are only between 5 to 10 minutes.

If I did not have to pump because I work I would probably would have loved BF even more. The pump is what makes me so ready for this to be over.

I still have about 200 or so ounces left in the freezer too so my LO will be fine once I do stop BF.

Congrats to all the mommas out there still BF and pumping because this itself is another full time job!!!

Just wanted to come and share my thoughts...thanks for reading!

Congratulations! As I sit here pumping I can say I know what you mean by loving bf but hating the pump!! I hope I can make it to a year too!

Good for you! I don't know how you've been able to pump for so many months. I understand what you mean about the love/hate part, I was there too. My situation is a bit different because I didn't go back to work until she was 16 months so I stopped pumping around 8 or 9 months old.
Sounds like you have a huge stash of milk, what if you stop pumping and just breastfeed her after work? My daughter is two years and that routine has worked well for us. Breastfeeding is really pleasant and relaxing again - during the week, she nurses before bed. On the weekends, she might nurse in the morning and before bed. It's been a different and special kind of experience compared to nursing in the first year. Less stressful and more fun, if that makes sense. And I'm not saying that you should nurse beyond a year, what you've done so far is a great accomplishment. I just wanted to point out that if you take some pressure off by not pumping, you might really enjoy nursing again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->