11-week old doesn't sleep long

nellbellie

mother of 1
Reaction score
My 11-week old still doesn't sleep long stretches at night. Last night, for example, he slept 2.5 hours, followed by 1.5, then 1.5, then .5. I was sure we'd have longer stretches than this by now! I only feed him when he's hungry so some of the times he wakes he falls asleep as soon as I pick him up and rock him.

What's strange is that, every once in a while, he'll surprise me with a 5 hour stretch and I always get excited because I think he's finally caught on...

Anyway, ANY ideas, help or suggestions are more than welcome. Thanks ladies!

A dummy? Dream feeding? Hmm.. Comfort blanket? A sheet that smells like you?

I do keep a shirt of mine hanging over the rail of his bed. What's dream feeding?

Feeding while they're asleep. I used to do it alot to make her sleep longer. It's abit naughty :blush:

Lola sleeps very little too.. pacifier/dummy can help maybe. Does he have a bath before bed?

We bath him at night and I don't notice a difference in how he sleeps on those nights compared to when he doesn't get one. He also won't take a pacifier to save his life - we've tried for weeks! He does suck the side of his fist, though.

Maybe when he wakes up from a sleep cycle he wants to know where you are and have a cuddle? I know he is quite young still but if you know he's not hungry/dirty perhaps try not to pick him up and soothe him with your voice and maybe rub/pat? I know this is so hard but in the long run it will (fingers crossed!!!) mean a longer stretch of sleep for you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->