11 weeks and full of the cold!!!

MrsWooolf

Reaction score
Hey wondered if any1 has any advice as title says I'm 11 weeks pregnant and suffering majorly with a cold! I'm feeling so run down!

Is there something us pregnant ladies can take? I tried at the chemist and she recommend airways chewing gum WTH!!! I get it helps with breathing but really is that all I can take??? Really struggling now :( x

you may try a normal saline nasal spray. you use it to rinse your nose and it helps to relieve the symptoms. taking medicines at this point of time may not be a good idea. but you can always ask the doctor about some anti-histamine tablets which are relatively safer for pregnant ladies. other than that, a decongestant nasal spray may be used over a few days (less than 7 days) as directed by your doctor.
nasal congestion is quite common during this time. your hormones can contribute to the swelling of tiny blood vessels inside the lining of nose, thus causing the congestion.
sometimes it is hard to tell if it is common cold or pregnancy-induced stuffy nose.

Ive got such a cold aswell it's making me feel dreadful and so unhappy ....is it common to get a cold / flu at this early stage ?i just cant seem to shift it and on top of that morning sickness and such painful boobs ....does it get better ....?

Ive got such a cold aswell it's making me feel dreadful and so unhappy ....is it common to get a cold / flu at this early stage ?i just cant seem to shift it and on top of that morning sickness and such painful boobs ....does it get better ....?

The best thing to do is to get a doctor to check you up to see if you are in fact down with a cold or it is "rhinitis of pregnancy" (pregnancy-induced stuffy nose). Mine one was never too serious and it was totally gone now at second trimester. =)

I have a cold, think its the weather though :( hate being all blocked up!...but atleast I dont have to smell the horrible smells that make me sick :) I'm just waiting for it to pass, dont want to risk anything, but im sure theres loads I could actually take.. probably just being lazy and not wanting to go to the shops :( :) xx

Thanks for the advice ladies!! Telephone consultation with dr 2moro :)

Haha Kirsteen I'm the same cba going to shop!!! But loving not feeling sick at the slightest smell lol xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->