11 weeks old only takes an ounce every 1 hour

Koromaru

Mother of a little boy
Reaction score
Since a couple of days, my son only drinks 1 Ounce...but every hour!!! I don't know why he's doing that. How can I make him drink more every AT LEAST 2 hours? :wacko:

Have you tried changing to the next size teat? If he is all of a sudden only taking a small amount and then refusing the rest or falling asleep it could be because the flow isn't fast enough and it is taking too much effort to suck the milk. But obviously that means he will be hungry again quicker xx

We changed Fran onto size 2 teats at 7wks old because she was only drinking a small amount then falling asleep or taking an hour or so to finish a bottle. Once we changed the teats she started finishing in about 10-15mins again xx

He's on medium flow teats since he's born. He never like the slow ones.

Maybe try fast flow then? Fran went onto size 3 a couple of weeks ago and the box says 6m+ lol. The ages on them are just a guideline.

Or do they do a variflow for the type of bottles you use?

I waited 2 hours before feeding him. He drank 3.5 ounces this time. This is encouraging! :happydance:

Have you tried settling him with a dummy before giving a bottle? X

Well done on the 2 hours!

Yes! I told dad not to feed him before the 2 hours mark and if he was to fussy to give him the pacifier.:baby:

Seems he is a sucky baby then. Just sucking for comfort. Id stick to trying him with the dummy when you would normally just give a bottle, then if that doesnt work give the bottle. I wouldnt let him go longer than 3hours between feeds tho (if it works) because he is used to being fed every hour x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->