11 weeks, pink when wiped. Scared.

Wombat

Married mum of 2:)
Reaction score
Hi girls.

Just went to the bathroom, did my morning things and when I wiped, there was light pink cm on the toilet paper.

This is my 3rd pregnancy and I never had it before.

I'm scared.

Had a lot of emotional problems yesterday and have also a long term stress and woke up to this.

Called the hospital. They told me if it is getting worse, to go in. Am just lying down now.

Your placenta is in the process of taking over so spotting is common around 11-12 weeks. I had spotting from 12 to 16 weeks sporadically but mine was mostly bowel movement related and cervix sensitivity.

Mrs.MB. Thank you for your reply.

I'm just staying in bed and not wanting to move.

I never had this with my boys, so it got me worried. But, now it's 6 years since my last pregnancy, so, maybe, my body also tells me to take it slow.

It could be all the stretching going on. I read somewhere on these boards that after 6 years your body is back to a state it was in pre-pregnancy (meaning before you ever had your first child). This is my 2nd pregnancy, I have brown discharge all the time for the past couple of weeks. Had a scan in between and the baby is doing great. It had some pink in there once in awhile as well, but when I went to the ER to get my cervix checked there was no blood around it. I did not have the consistent brown discharge with my first pregnancy just some spotting. Keep your head up mama, and do what your doing by relaxing. I bet it will all turn out ok :hugs:. The good news is you are not having any really bad cramps and the spotting is not getting any heavier. It is not always a definite sign that everything is ok, but odds are pretty likely.

Kiwiberry :hugs:

Thank you for your reply.

I also hope it's like that.

Have been to the toilet to pee, and when wiped it was much less. Just a light pink spot now.

My mum took my two boys skiing, and yesterday she called me my youngest broke his leg (skiing).

After a hard night, they are flying back in today. He is fine. But will have to go to the ER to change his cast from temporary to the normal white one.
Plus I have been living in a constant stress for a while now.
So, alltogether I'm worried it has taken a toll on my pregnancy.

Now I'm thinking weather to go to the airport to meet them or just keep lying down and take it easy. (my ex husband is meeting them anyways, as they wanted him to come - he has been away for work and they haven't seen him for a while, so want their daddy).
My heart aches to be with my boy, but also am scared not to risk this pregnancy...

I had pink spotting that turned to red and went to the hospital and it turned out to be a haematoma. Baby was doing great. This was last week (I'm now 10+weeks). When I had my mmc at around this time back in December, it started with brown cm. I've heard a lot of women say that's how theirs started too. Yours sounds more like how I was with my haematoma. Hope all is well. Go into the hospital if you're stressing too much and ask for a scan to put your mind at ease:hugs:

Went to pee a few more times, but no more pink!

Tummy feels a bit strange (but maybe it's just I'm more alert).

Will stay in bed rest today. With going only to the toilet.

If there will be more blood - I'll go to ER.

I know the PP did not mean for it to sound morbid, but I want to let ladies know just in case, that brown CM is not always an indicator of a mmc. I have been having brown cm for the past 3 weeks. Wish I could show a pic, but it looks like orange / brown cm, not like brown discharge before a period. Sometimes spotting or brown cm is not an indicator that anything is wrong. I have had so much brown cm when I wiped that I went into the ER twice and my OB office once. All checked out and baby is doing ok, they even found a HB and everything. I asked why this could be happening to me and they gave me an honest answer. It happens quite often to many women in the first trimester and they have no idea why. I guess our bodies are just so complicated.

Wombat, how are you feeling hun? If the pink has not gotten any heavier or deeper red, then chances are by this point that you are ok. I have read a lot of stories about women who have had a MMC / MC and it does progressively get heavier, once the pink spotting starts. How does your bump feel? Does it ache really bad when you push on it? If not, thats another good sign.

Kiwiberry-thanks for asking.

No, no more pink discharge. Tummy feels a bit sore, but not sure if it's the bump or just stress.

My mum and LOs finally arrived. Oldest went to his daddy, with youngest had a trip to ER. He has cast in till his hip, can't be left unattended and needs around the clock care. But will be fine.

He is finally settled watching tv, and I just crashed on the sofa next to him. Don't have any energy left.

Thank you all for your reassurance.

I know your son needs looked after right now, but is there any way you can squeeze in a visit to the ER yourself? They will check your cervix and do an ultrasound to check on baby. They won't let you see anything, but at least you can see everything is ok. If you do go, make sure to ask the doctor when they are reviewing the ultrasound what the HB was. They won't tell you unless you ask most times. They will also classify it is a "threatened miscarriage", but they classify any type of spotting in the 1st trimester as that. Even if in the end everything is ok and its normal. So try not to let yourself get freaked out by that diagnosis if it happens to you. The doctor will probably even tell you that themselves. I know mine did lol, she did not want me to freak.

Kiwiberry - thank you for your support. Last 24 hours have been very hard with the lo's broken leg.
He is in constant pain. Needs help with all. Even turning in bed...

Didn't go to ER. I have my scheduled 1st trimester screening in 2 days. So we will see then. There was no more blood. No cramps. So I hope it's ok.
Will update after my appointment.

I look forward to an update!! Good luck at your appointment :hugs:.

Hope you're son is ok and I'm sure all will be fine at your check up xx

Hi ladies. A quick update. Had a first trimester scan today and all is well. No more blood as well.

Thank you for your support:flower::flower::flower::flower::flower::flower::flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->