11 weeks pp still feel bruised

Dawnlouise30

Reaction score
hello,

I am 11 weeks pp, big baby and forceps and episiotomy delivery but i still feel bruised down below. The thing is it varies day by day, some days i feel really bruised and other days less so. somedays it hurts to do pelvic floor excercises and other days it is fine.

we waited 8 weeks for sex and it was initially painful on entry but okay once into it, we used lube and had two succesful 'sessions' ( a week apart) but then the time after that it hurt like hell afterwards for a day or two (again a bruised feeling) and now i am put off.

the bruised feeling seems worse after walking for say an hour continuously and also after sitting for a while (long car journeys etc).

i am sure it probably is just bruising but any ideas when it may go away.... when did you all start to feel better.

Dawn

I will be stalking this thread.
I took it easy for the first two weeks and felt great, but now I am getting out and about more I am getting this bruised feeling. I went shopping for a fair few hours today and now I am feeling the after effects of it.
I would like to know how others coped with this.

i was the same, took it easy for a good two weeks then did stuff and boy did i suffer, i then took it easy again (as much as you can with a baby) until 6 weeks and felt okay mostly but then the bruised feeling returned.... maybe as women we are just too hard on ourselves and expect to recover quickly, when maybe it really takes longer than we expect. right now i am struggling to believe i will ever feel normal again.

I will be stalking this thread.
I took it easy for the first two weeks and felt great, but now I am getting out and about more I am getting this bruised feeling. I went shopping for a fair few hours today and now I am feeling the after effects of it.
I would like to know how others coped with this.

I had kiwi delivery and an episiotomy so would love to know if its possible to be normal again down there ?? :-(

I'm 5 months PP and honestly only stopped feeling bruised a couple of weeks ago.
I didn't have forceps, but I did have a 4th degree tear which had to be repaired whilst I was under general anasethtic as it was so high up, so I presume I must have had something quite big to 'open me up' if you want to put it like that.
I hope you're feeling better soon!

thank you all,

i just find it so frustrating that some days i seem fine, but yet today after a 20 minute walk to and from the hospital for an appointment i am now so uncomfortable again.

I was the same, I had my first period 9 weeks pp and got upset cos I couldn't even use a tampon, im now 15 weeks pp and i noticed a few weeks ago I was quite itchy down there (sorry for TMI) and I feel tonnes better, I think it was me healing up, anyway my period has come today and I can use a tampon this time, we still haven't had sex cos it hurt, I reckon it will be better now though!

Oh and my baby wasn't big, but I had a lot of internal stitches.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->