Aww I don't really keep journals I usually have ongoing conversations just discussing life and everything in between......shucks

Hi Kismet,
I am 38 (Partner 33) and trying naturally too. New to this site as well.
I have PCOS but fairly mild and have no other issues (that I know of which could affect fertility except AMH of .93 (or 6.6) and FSH 4.9 so I guess age!! Partner sperm perfect.
Good luck and looking forward to supporting and sharing this journey with you.
Sharon

I definitely need to travel to other threads that is for sure...:hi:Rose and everyone else

I'm 38 and TTC #1 as well. DH is 38 as well and we just decided last month (on my birthday actually) to TTC. We are trying the natural way although I have discovered the ovulation calendars and the like which I'll use.

Went off the BCP last month and AF arrived yesterday right on schedule, 28 day cycle. Hoping that we get lucky this month or next. I know it's silly to hope but my parents are coming to visit in Dec (I live about 6000 miles away from my family and most friends) and I would love to surprise them with the news.

I'm 38 and TTC #1 as well. DH is 38 as well and we just decided last month (on my birthday actually) to TTC. We are trying the natural way although I have discovered the ovulation calendars and the like which I'll use.

Went off the BCP last month and AF arrived yesterday right on schedule, 28 day cycle. Hoping that we get lucky this month or next. I know it's silly to hope but my parents are coming to visit in Dec (I live about 6000 miles away from my family and most friends) and I would love to surprise them with the news.

Welcome Nyba........just to know, I used ovulation calendars as well when we first starting trying. As I had a 28-29 cycle, I assumed I ovulated on Day 14 like the calendars say you are suppose too. Wasnt until I started charting and using OPK a few months later because nothing was happening that I realised that I ovulate on Day 16 or Day 17. So dont put all your faith in the online ovulation calendars......

Good luck and hope you get your BFP soon :thumbup:

My husband and I are both 40 and have been TTC #1 for 5 years. Started with charting cycles, rounds of clomiphene, Ovulation stimulation and have now just had our second round of IVF cancelled. Can't even get to egg retrieval! Had AMH test a few weeks back and that came back extremely low.

Back to RS on 20/8 to see what the next step is. :dohh:

Thanks everyone! Wishing the same for all of you :)

My SIL had her baby yesterday and we went to visit her in the hospital. And it definitely made me want a baby even more.

Thanks Taurus for the tip on the OD. I figure if there is lots of BD over days 10-17, it pretty much covers all the bases! I'm trying to keep it as low key for the first 6 months and see what happens.

When it's around time for the O, don't you guys BD over a few days to ensure those little guys are for sure in your system long enough to meet the egg?

Just had my appointment with the fertility clinic and they said every second day. So CD12 CD14 CD16 and so on to give the sperm time to regenerate.

Me too Kismet, I like to bonk every day I am most fertile too, but going to try what he suggested and every second day for a few months and see what happens. My last two miscarriages Ive gotten pregnant when I havent bonked the day I tested positive using OPK's, but the day before and day after so I think it works for me.

This getting pregnant stuff is hard work :wacko::wacko:

Where is everyone up to with their cycles??? Anyone about to ovulate, in 2WW or waiting to ovulate???

Wait until you get to the 9th month...........over it and wish I could afford to take a few months off the TTC roller coaster, but I cant wait with my age....just to let my body recover from miscarriages properly and get my mind set back....:wacko: what started as exciting to start a family is now just I wish it would hurry up and happen and pray the baby sticks this time.

We never do it every second for the whole cycle........blah :haha: sometimes it a struggle to do it when we are suppose to let alone every second day for the whole month :haha:

CD 4 here.

I agree - I had no idea how consuming this could me mentally. I just resigned my job last month (the week before we decided to TTC) and I think that's not helping - I have too much time to think about this stuff.

We both made an agreement not to make this a focus of our relationship but it's hard not to obsess a little bit about this.

I'm stuck in the just wait for AF to return limbo. I am with the rest of you ladies i had no idea how cumbersome this whole process was. You spend your youth to avoid what your having such a hard time doing now. Wouldn't life be great if your reproductive organs pulled a benjamin buttons where as you age your TTC would be easier as opposed to being a teenager where you have all these issues we have now - boy i hope that makes sense.

I would love to wait but like you guys I feel like time is now against me and I only have at most 3 years before you start running into even more problems.

Can I join please! :wave: Im 39 (40 in 3 months but I wont think about that). TTC #1 (im a late starter) OH is 48 so time is against us both really although he has fathered before so that is a good sign.
Bklyn, that is a brilliant idea about being like Benjamin Buttons! It is all back to front it seems. Us older ladies know ourselves and our stuff so would make great parents and yet our bodies wont easily allow it.
AF is due tomorrow for me so Im hoping she stays away. I think we have been TTC for about 15 months now but perhaps not been BDing (to the final necessary moment) at the right time for all those months. I have had a few tests and nothing seems to be problematic. OH due to have a sperm test next week so once we know his 'status', we could look more into my bits and pieces to see what is going on. Periods are pretty regular so I feel cheated that I have suffered them all these years and now body wont work as required!

:dust: to all

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->