12+1 and being dragged through the ringer

HCas

Reaction score
So I haven't been on here since I got pregnant with my son two years ago. He was a hard pregnancy after 5 losses and I started having contractions at 4 months and was on bed rest most of the time.

I truly didn't think I would get pregnant again since it took medication and full on battle strategies to have my son. But we're having another miracle! What sucks though is this pregnancy is already worse than the one with my son.

We found out we were pregnant at 6+6 after not having a period for half a year (normal since I have PCOS). I had been horribly sick for a week at that point and we were planning to go to the doctors and took a test just because we knew they'd ask if I could be. Since then I haven't been able to keep down anything but some KFC mashed potatoes and gravy and gummy bears. The meal of champions. I went from 132lbs to being 122lbs last week and when I weighed myself at home yesterday I was 119lb. I get crippling pains throughout my lower abdomen daily to the point I can barely stand and walking more than a few feet at a time is a no go. Shopping is a literal killer and I still have to go to work which absolutely kills me and my bosses, though they know the situation, don't seem to truly care.

I still haven't seen my doctor and can't until the 25th though I have called them multiple times telling them what all has been going on and it's the same doctor that dealt with my son so they know about my losses and how my first pregnancy went. I also tested positive for a "tendency to deliver premature" which they determined to be the causes of most of my other losses. I've also been to the hospital twice now and each time they just kinda shrugged me off saying it was normal pregnancy symptoms. Baby was fine both times which is great. It's not the baby's health I'm worried about. It's my cervix's ability to keep this healthy baby in. I lost 2 babies between 2-3 months already (the rest were chemical) and it was 4 months for my son when contractions started.

Sorry for the long intro. I'm really not sure if I'm looking for advice or just people to look at my story and tell me "You're in the right to worry" or "Trust the doctors". I have my husband who is supportive but he's at work most the time and when he's not I am so even though he's here and active he's also not. I'm slowly driving myself mad with worry and fear on my own here.

Totally right to worry! The weight loss is the biggest concern I’d have. But maybe now that you’re going into the second trimester things will start to level out! Try to keep it easy and not do too much to be on the safe side!

Did you get a cerclage done with your son? Or have you ever been put on any progesterone shots after 16 weeks to help prevent ore term labor? I would definitely be pushing to see your doctor and get their advice on how to keep that baby in there! Incompetent cervix is no joke and you have every right to be worried! Being sick sucks and losing that much weight is horrible even though they wkkk tell u they’re not worried about that- you know your body and your history and I say push those doctors to see you and help you!

I got the shots pretty often and was put on strict bed rest but no cerclage. I wasn't even allowed to have my daughter on me, like laying on me, (she's my adopted daughter) We had to have my brother-in-law watch her daily while DH was at work.

They didn't really take any of my complaints seriously with him either. I didn't get in to see the doctor until I was almost in my second trimester with him and they didn't start realizing I wasn't just a paranoid first time mom until the second trip to the er where they finally decided to put a monitor on me and see it was indeed contractions. which was around 16 weeks. They gave me a shot and sent me home. 3 weeks later I was back. Got another shot and sent home again. At 24 weeks I was sent to Arnold Palmer because of the nicu and kept for 24 hours in labor in delivery and 24 in recovery. I was only then put on strict bed rest. I got lucky and my son went to full term but it was hell keeping him in that long.

Wow sweety U have every rite and then some to be concerned.
Esp with all ure past experiences and they shudnt be shrugging ure worries aside like there nothing.
They can put a stitch in ure cervix, I'm.not sure what that's called but i had a friend who had to have that done. They take it out toward the end of ure preganacy.
Also that weight loss they shud be offering u more help.
Hopefully now ure in the 2nd tri the sickness will go away and ure be able to eat normol and put some weight on.
I wish I cud offer more advice.
Just wanted to wish you the best of luck with this pregnancy. I'm so so sorry you have been through so much heartache.
Praying this one stays put untill he or she is strong and healthy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->