12 days to go! Anyone else find that at this point time slows drastically.

wifey2013

Reaction score
Hi ladies! I've got 12 days to go until my due date. Up until a few days ago time was flying by for me. Now that my husband is off work for the next 10 days and has been home for the past 2 time seems to have slowed down big time. I know it's just a waiting game from here out out but I'm looking for ways to make the time go by faster. Any ideas?

I'm in the same boat. 12 more days and so over it. Symptom spotting seems to just make the time drag on longer too.
We're having a few family members over for New Years so I'll put all my energy into cleaning the house and cooking for that.
Can you catch up with some friends as a last minute thing before baby comes?

I'm in the same boat. 12 more days and so over it. Symptom spotting seems to just make the time drag on longer too.
We're having a few family members over for New Years so I'll put all my energy into cleaning the house and cooking for that.
Can you catch up with some friends as a last minute thing before baby comes?

I've been doing that up until now, but I honestly enjoy my time preparing for baby and resting at home. The days are just passing so slowly. Ughhhh. I wish I could find more to do, but I'm pretty much ready.

I have 19 days left until my c-section, and I am going crazy. DH will be working 12hrs/6 days a week until just a few days before and I am stuck at home with just a 2 year old for company. It's too cold out to go play in the backyard or go to the park, and there aren't any toddler friendly indoor activities nearby. We are both getting a bit of cabin fever. Christmas with the family got us our of the house for a while, but it was too much for me. My sister's kids are a bit out of control on a good day. Wore me out.

Oh my! So slow! 10 days and having so much trouble with bh and irregular contractions!

I have 19 days left until my c-section, and I am going crazy. DH will be working 12hrs/6 days a week until just a few days before and I am stuck at home with just a 2 year old for company. It's too cold out to go play in the backyard or go to the park, and there aren't any toddler friendly indoor activities nearby. We are both getting a bit of cabin fever. Christmas with the family got us our of the house for a while, but it was too much for me. My sister's kids are a bit out of control on a good day. Wore me out.

It's too bad there isn't much around you to do. What about even a play area in a nearby shopping centre?

Oh my! So slow! 10 days and having so much trouble with bh and irregular contractions!

At least you know things are moving along! I'm still not sure I've had any BH or contractions. A few cramps here and there but nothing too noticeable.

Yep 17 days to go husband off till 2nd jan baby due a week later suddenly going slow lol

Unfortunately I live in a small town in middle of no where Oklahoma. The closest place with a play area is about 40 miles away, and our truck is only good to use around town right now. It's having some issues that we haven't quite figured out yet, and I don't want to risk us getting stranded that far from family(my family lives in the same town, so if I break down here I'm good) Someone I'd trying to get a family fun center built here, but that's going to probably take a couple years to get it approved by city council(already shot down once) and get it built once they hopefully get approval.

I'm really struggling with this too! We've had a mad few days but now i feel totally bored! Our first baby is due on Friday but i don't think its head is engaged yet and the 'almost labour symptoms' i was overthinking have reduced hugely. We're going to go shopping for a new dining room table on Monday but i worry about going out to anywhere that doesn't have a toilet as i feel the need to wee every time i stand up or walk around! There's only so much organising a girl can do and i feel like i'm reaching my limit after only 10 minutes or so...i am not good at being a lazy pants! :D

I'm really struggling with this too! We've had a mad few days but now i feel totally bored! Our first baby is due on Friday but i don't think its head is engaged yet and the 'almost labour symptoms' i was overthinking have reduced hugely. We're going to go shopping for a new dining room table on Monday but i worry about going out to anywhere that doesn't have a toilet as i feel the need to wee every time i stand up or walk around! There's only so much organising a girl can do and i feel like i'm reaching my limit after only 10 minutes or so...i am not good at being a lazy pants! :D

Did the doctor tell you baby isn't engaged? Mine has been since about week 35 and I don't often have the urge to pee. When did that start for you? I pee a lot but that's because I've been drinking a TON of water. Literally drinking all the time, I've become obsessed. You only have 7 days to go, it's not too bad :) I'm at 10, also not too bad - just the days pass awfully slow. Did you doctor give you an induction date if baby is late?

Did the doctor tell you baby isn't engaged? Mine has been since about week 35 and I don't often have the urge to pee. When did that start for you? I pee a lot but that's because I've been drinking a TON of water. Literally drinking all the time, I've become obsessed. You only have 7 days to go, it's not too bad :) I'm at 10, also not too bad - just the days pass awfully slow. Did you doctor give you an induction date if baby is late?

The Dr told me the head wasn't engaged when i saw her on Monday at 38+3 but it could have all changed by now...doesn't feel like it though as there's still a lot of baby high up when i sit down! I've just made 5 Shepherd's Pies for our freezer stash which has helped to pass the time :) I don't think i'd be given an induction date until a fortnight has passed, i'm keen on this all being as natural as possible so would much rather wait it out :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->