12 Months PP and No Period!

ItsJana

Reaction score
Hi,

It's been a while since I've been on this site, but thought I'd come here for a little advice before going to my doctor. So I'm 12 months PP with my 3rd child and have not had my period yet. With my other two children my period returned 7 months after they were born. I am still breastfeeding, but I was at this time with my other children as well. I'm not sure what is going on and the only reason why I'm starting to get worried is because DH and I want to start TTC for baby #4 early next year. I'm eating roughly 2100-2300 calories a day (I've started to track to make sure I'm eating enough) and the only thing that has changed between this baby and the last two, is that now I'm a bit more active and work out at a gym 3-4 days a week on average.

Does anyone have any insight? I would love to keep up with the breastfeeding if I can, I'm willing to stop if need be, but also worried that it won't bring back my period.

Hi there. =)
I had my first pp period with my youngest son when he was 14 months and luckily fell pregnant first cycle. My son continued to feed until my milk dried up around 30 weeks but started again when my daughter was born so I'm now tandem feeding which is going well.
I remember feeling worried about not having a period for so long as with my eldest daughter my period came back around 7 months and I fell pregnant with DS1 when she was 9 months.
I have no advice on getting your cycles to come back sooner but just to let you know that it is normal. We knew we wanted a 4th but didn't want to officially 'try' so we just waited to see what would happen which definitely took the stress off it. Good luck with ttc =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->