12 months!!

_Lexi_

Mummy to 1 perfect angel and a 6yr old daughter
Reaction score
My baby girl turns 1 year old today which marks our 12 month breastfeeding milestone! She had a few top ups of formula over 3 days when she was born to help flush out her jaundice. I wasn't allowed to take her out from under the lights to feed her, so in between syringe feeding colostrum, she had that, and not a drop since! I initially said 6 weeks, then 6 months, then I quit making targets. I have no idea how long we'll continue for. It does mean I haven't left her yet, or touched a glass of wine! I long for a night out before we ttc the next! But she's only little once and for now she needs me. I'm going out at the end of the month for a friends 40th, and hoping she'll be ok on cows milk, I fear my oh may struggle to get her to sleep though. A year of being the only one to do bedtime and every night feed (hourly until 9 months...) has definitely taken it's toll, but I wouldn't change it for a second. She's so active and on the go all the time that I cherish our quiet milky times. I am kind of looking forward to wearing something that doesn't gave to be breastfeeding friendly though!! Can't quite believe we've made it this far and after a lot of research wish I'd refused the formula in hospital, but after Joshua, anything that got us out of hospital as quick as possible was a godsend. Happy birthday baby girl!!
Pretty pointless post, but nowhere else I can say it. If I put it on my facebook I know I'd just get the "I could only feed for x amount of time because of x y z" or the classic breastfeeding/formula debate. I'm just proud we made it this far together :) xx

Huge congrats!!

I'm sure you'll look back on these precious times when she's older and not regret a thing :)

Well done you!

Don't have regrets about the formula you did what you thought was right at the time :)

And Happy Birthday to your LO

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"