12 week old feeding frequently

Jin

Unhinged Mummy of 3
Reaction score
Is anyone elses 12 week old still feeding .very 2 hours day and night? Sometimes she feeds for 40 minutes then wants feeding 2 hrs later from when we started. I'm told she should be going longer between feeds by now. Yesterday she wanted feeding all day and night. I'm guessing this was a growth spurt but the two hourly feeds has been going on for ages. I'm close to throwing in the towel and switching to formula except she won't go to sleep without the comfort of the boob. She has a few problems and the boob sooths her within 2 seconds which is why I'm still going.

From what I remember my daughter was the same, it does pass, it can be for a variety of reasons really.

Maybe it is as much for comfort as food if she has had some problems? LO was a frequent feeder for a long time but my brothers 1st baby just screamed for hours on end so I recon I'd rather be feeding than comforting a crying baby. Also it is very common for it to happen from time to time for two or three days during a growth spurt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->