12 week scan call back

Zoboe95

Reaction score
Looking for some confidence here...

So I had my 12 week scan last Tuesday, they said as far as they could tell everything looked good. Had the combi test done, and I know if there's a worry they usually get back to you pretty quick. I had a missed call after work from the hospital asking me to call them back about my last appointment. Do they test for anything other than the 3 bad ones at the appt, and is it likely to be anything but the news I'm dreading?? I should remember from Dd1, but I haven't a clue! Could it be about needing anti d? I needed that last time. Or about low iron levels or something?? I just need some good news! They're not open until 9am, and I'm so scared!

Oh gosh hon I really hope it is something like Iron hon.
As u know I'm also now waiting for those results I do know if u get a high risk result u hear back sooner. I was told within 7 working days but on the NHS thing it said 3 working days but the lady doing my bloods said 7.
If ure Iron is low it really cud be that and that u need to go on Iron meds.
When I had bloods done with the midwife I got a call a couple of days later saying my Iron is low and I have been on Iron pills since.
I hope it is that and nothing more[-o<

Oh gosh hon I really hope it is something like Iron hon.
As u know I'm also now waiting for those results I do know if u get a high risk result u hear back sooner. I was told within 7 working days but on the NHS thing it said 3 working days but the lady doing my bloods said 7.
If ure Iron is low it really cud be that and that u need to go on Iron meds.
When I had bloods done with the midwife I got a call a couple of days later saying my Iron is low and I have been on Iron pills since.
I hope it is that and nothing more[-o<
I'm really hoping it could be that! No idea to be honest

I got called back to the hospital other week and it was because they lost my bloods and had to do them again. So do try not to worry as honestly it could be absolutely anything. Hospitals are a bit all over the place at the moment, highly possible they just missed something.

And yeah you almost certainly will need the antiD jab again this time if you needed it before :)

Looking for some confidence here...

So I had my 12 week scan last Tuesday, they said as far as they could tell everything looked good. Had the combi test done, and I know if there's a worry they usually get back to you pretty quick. I had a missed call after work from the hospital asking me to call them back about my last appointment. Do they test for anything other than the 3 bad ones at the appt, and is it likely to be anything but the news I'm dreading?? I should remember from Dd1, but I haven't a clue! Could it be about needing anti d? I needed that last time. Or about low iron levels or something?? I just need some good news! They're not open until 9am, and I'm so scared!

i got a call back after my 8 weeks bloods and I couldn’t get to the phone so they left a message. I called back and it was cause I was low on iron. I am on iron pills now and they will recheck at 12 week apt. I was freaked out too but she said they are not allowed to leave any medical advice or
Results on a voicemail unless you fill out a special paper. So I bet it is something simple and they just can’t leave the info on a voicemail they have to talk to you.

Patiently waiting for 9am ...or maybe freaking out a) about the call and b) my bedrooms in the loft, and there's a cupboard between my room and the actual loft, and there's a bird stuck in it literally no idea how to get it out!

Just spoken to hospital. Basically my HCG and (I think she said Pate ) levels indicate it's going to be a little baby ...as expected (Dd was only 5lb 9)...but this has caused the Edwards and patau result to come back at 1 in 130, and their cut off is 1 in 150, so it's a tiny bit below. This is only a 0.7ish % of baby having either of these. This will trigger me to have extra extra scans. I can have an amniostesis test in a couple of weeks to rule it out, but this involves sticking a needle in my stomach, then resting for a couple of days. If you don't sit still for 2 days there is a small chance of miscarriage (think she said less than 1%) the amniostesis gives a definite yes or no to all three (downs result was fine anyway) but obviously means time out, and minor risk. She thinks it is probably triggered by chemicals which suggest small baby. Got to phone back either tomorrow or thurs and let her know if I want the amniostesis or not

I'm glad you got some answers and reassurance. I hope that everything goes smoothly :)

That's great news, all sounds very reassuring indeed.

How's it going with the bird?!

Oh god the bird :-k he got from the cupboard back into the loft so I shut the door and put a load of stuff against it so it couldn't open...I've left it there for oh and my brother to deal with tonight!!

I wouldn't know how to deal with that either!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->