12 Week Scan, minor problems?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by shazland, Jun 6, 2011.

1. shazland

shazland Well-Known Member

Hi There.
    Has anyone had a scan where things haven't worked very well and it has been a bit dissapointing?
    I had mine yesterday and it took ages to get a clear enough picture and for the sonographer to do the measurements.
    The baby was lying in a funny position so she had to try and turn it around (which with a full bladder was kinda uncomfortable). She also said I had drunk too much water and to go and get rid of some so we could try again. Apparently more "average" sized women don't need to drink as much before a scan??
    Then she said I was a bit too "gassy" in my stomach that's why we couldn't see very well :shrug:
    I've been for an earlier scan and everything went fine, but was really looking forward to getting a clear 12 week pic. I look at some other ladies scan pics and they look amazing.
    Not the sonographers fault I'm sure but she was rather grumpy.:growlmad:

2. Tryforbaby

Tryforbaby Pregnant - First Baby

Hi Shazland

I'm going for my 12 week scan on Wednesday this week. I will let you know. Just to inform you I had a scan at 9 week 3 days as I feel down the stairs and was worried. I got to see quite a bit and maybe you should insist on another appointment as I would be feeling quite hard done by if it was me.

Good Luck and I hope you get to see your little one properly soon x

3. AimeeM

AimeeM Mum to 3 Boys.

I have had a 20 week scan before where they couldn't see properly even with loads of effort. It is a shame but as long as everything is ok thats good =)