'12 week' scan on Monday agghh! UPDATE PG 2 :)

pinkpolkadot

Reaction score
It's been a long time coming but it's finally in sight (I will actually be 11 weeks)! I had an early scan due to bleeding but had to go alone so I'm so excited for DH to see Sprout but so nervous too! Anyone else got theirs next week?

Does anyone have advice on how much water to drink and when for a full bladder for the least amount of time before the scan :haha:? I got told off at my early scan for not having a full bladder but I wasn't told to :dohh:

Yay and good luck!

I will have my scan on Monday, but will only be 7+4 weeks. just want see if bubs is in the right place and that the heart is beating.

I'm having a scan for 11wks on Monday too fingers crossed for you xx

I hope you get to see your perfect nugget! I have an 8 week scan Monday but we saw the bean a week or so ago. just hoping to see a nice strong heartbeat!

My letter says to drink a litre of water an hour before. I guess it depends how strong ur bladder is but I really struggled with holding it in and once they started scanning I had to empty it cos it was 'too' full!!! X

A pint an hour before your apt :thumbup:
I didn't even need a pee and had a perfectly clear scan.
Good luck and enjoy! :D

Thanks ladies, good luck pandi!

Oh god not sure I can hold a pint in for an hour, who knows what might happen when she starts prodding :haha: Hope they are running on time :haha:

I've got my 12 week scan on Monday too. I think just drink normally but don't pee until after the scan xxx

I've got my 12 wk scan on Wednesday, I also had a early scan at 7 weeks due to bleeding but really looking forward to this next one! Good luck for your scan :) hope you get a clear picture!

Thanks RC86 and good luck for your scan too! Has you bleeding stopped? I have still been having the odd bit on wiping so hoping everything is OK!

Last Monday I had a scan I brought a bottle of water. Once I got there I drank it as I was walking in I know at this office my wait time is anywhere from 15 to 45 minutes sometimes longer but that's only if he's double booked. It was enough to fill my bladder and I didn't even drink the whole thing. I was 11.5 weeks

I go on Thursday for my NT scan/early 1st tri screening I will be 13.1 weeks and I plan to bring water to drink I the office I don't want to have to pee so that's why I don't drink before I leave!

Drink normally. Chugging a bunch before will only make you have to go really bad and it will be too full for the u/s and they will have you empty it...trust me. Contrary to what most people think, you dont need a FULL bladder....just average.

My bleeding has stopped I've not seen any blood since about 8 wks. I hope everything goes well with your scan :)

Had my scan today, all went well and I went forward 3 days yay (oh and I didn't pee myself :haha::haha:)! How did everyone else get on who was having a scan today?

https://i457.photobucket.com/albums/qq300/rainbowretro_photos/3e4b15d7-a399-4d5c-9ecf-ccdda6760aab.jpg[/URL]

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->