12 week scan - sonographer notes

GBS2012

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,
So I had my first scan today - everything was great, baby seems to be happy and healthy and having a good wriggle!
The sonographer kept telling us what a clear image she had, what a good baby we had when he was being still and she could see everything she needed to. Brilliant!
The I get home and have a look through my notes and she's written 'difficult scan - low visibility due to body habitus'. I understand that as she's struggled seeing the baby as I'm a slightly chunkier mum. Also fine. But, why has she said over and over what a clear view she had and how good the baby was being? She even thanked me for 'bringing a good baby' and 'what an easy scan it was'. I'm confused!
Anyone else had this?xx

I had mine today and it says - restricted view due to adiposity! She never mentioned it to me, I'm fine with that, I'm aware I'm overweight and don't need anyone reminding me! I think they just get clearer images with slimmer ladies. It sounds as if despite it she was happy with what she saw which is great! I think they are trained to be positive, if she had told you there and then that she couldn't really see because of your body fat it would have been really upsetting.

Congratulations on a healthy baby!

Sarah xxx

I'm sure she did get a good image and wasn't lying to you, but if you're a plus size mumma they write that in the notes to cover their bums :p they probably do it automatically, I've had clear scans but they always write that for me too. Don't worry about it x

Thanks guys! After such an emotional day, I must have been feeling extra sensitive! Thank you for putting my mind at ease :) x

Hope you are feeling better :)

I feel like being overweight is something they focus on. When I had my booking in appt I was really ill with hyperemesis, I told the mw that I couldn't eat or drink, I felt so ill, told her I had lost 11lbs in a couple of weeks and when she asked for a urine sample I just couldn't produce more than a dribble. She didn't pick up on any of this, it wasn't til a couple of days later I ended up at my GP in tears that I was diagnosed with the hyperemesis and put on prochlorperazine, and now cyclizine. She did however go on and on about my weight and healthy eating, gave me leaflets to take away and stapled those same leaflets to my handheld notes, just incase I didn't get the message the first time!

Hope you are feeling better :)

I feel like being overweight is something they focus on. When I had my booking in appt I was really ill with hyperemesis, I told the mw that I couldn't eat or drink, I felt so ill, told her I had lost 11lbs in a couple of weeks and when she asked for a urine sample I just couldn't produce more than a dribble. She didn't pick up on any of this, it wasn't til a couple of days later I ended up at my GP in tears that I was diagnosed with the hyperemesis and put on prochlorperazine, and now cyclizine. She did however go on and on about my weight and healthy eating, gave me leaflets to take away and stapled those same leaflets to my handheld notes, just incase I didn't get the message the first time!

This annoyed me so much at my app, my BMI is within healthy range but the lady at the hospital was still really snotty and nasty with me about eating healthy etc. She stapled pieces of paper to the front of my notes too :haha: about exercise classes, healthy eating workshops, the recommended weight gain in pregnancy etc. I was quite miffed lol. Also just dismissed the fact I am so sick I can barely function never mind stuff my face!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->