12 week scan UPDATE: 15 weeks GENDER scan!

blablamana

Mommy to Thomas
Reaction score
Hi!

I'm 13 weeks now, but last week we did a private scan.
The tech said that she was 95% sure that this baby is a girl. But I'm not sure. :nope: Comparing it to my son's nub at twelve weeks, yes the angle is very different and even from 12 weeks it was very very obvious that he was a boy. No doubt about that :haha: With my son, the nub was really facing up.

Anyway, I would like to hear opinions. She was right about my son, but I feel like girl guesses are way more often wrong than boy guesses. If you know what I mean. It just seems like people get false girl predictions more often than boy predictions.
She said that the angle (almost parallel to the spine or something) suggests girl. The potty shot showed no visible nub (didn't get a pic from that), which she said also suggests a favorable, downward, angle. :shrug: You can't see a nub in the second pic, but I thought I'd might as well include it.

Thanks! :flower:

If that is the nub in the first pic, it does look like it is shrinking, which would indicate a girl to me too. Also, going by the skull theory, the head looks really round. Usually boys have a flatter forehead. To me it sounds like the tech was right :)

If that is the nub in the first pic, it does look like it is shrinking, which would indicate a girl to me too. Also, going by the skull theory, the head looks really round. Usually boys have a flatter forehead. To me it sounds like the tech was right :)

Thank you, yes that is the nub! I've been following your journal for a while now and congrats on your boy! 2 boys, 2 girls, that is so great!

Thanks for the guesses!

I really feel like with all the girl guesses, from the tech and all of you and all of my friends... it MUST be a boy lol.

Also think :pink: I just don't see anything that looks boyish about it to me.

I'm going to guess boy only because it looks like a boy nub in the first pic! I do hope you get your little girl though!

That's so weird! On other fora all I've gotten are girl guesses.

I hope you are wrong :haha:

(although I'd be happy with another boy too.)

I say GIRL!!! ❤️

We've had a gender scan and according to the tech it is 100% a girl!

That bottom scan is amazing! Is it an hd live one?
I've got mine booked for just under 2 weeks, it says it's an hd scan with a look in hd live :)
Congrats on your girl!! X

That bottom scan is amazing! Is it an hd live one?
I've got mine booked for just under 2 weeks, it says it's an hd scan with a look in hd live :)
Congrats on your girl!! X

I wish! It's just a 4D picture! But yeah I was surprised at the quality too. Honestly, we just paid for a short 2D one but the tech was so excited that she wanted to see it in 4D lol

Thanks for all the congrats!! I'm still going to be cautious till 20 weeks though. And then probably cautious till baby is out. :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->