12-week scan, with pics - woohoo!!

Bexx

I'm a mum!
Reaction score
Can't believe I've got here already, I was so nervous this morning that I was actually shaking. Bloody freezing outside and the cold only made my very full bladder feel even fuller. Appt was 15 minutes late and I didn't think I would make it not being able to pee for so long lol.

Sonographer was a wonderful lady, she spent over half an hour with us in all. Showed us all of baby's bits and bobs, little minx wouldn't stay still for long and she had trouble getting the nuchal scan done. Eventually she got me to half-empty my bladder (bliss!) and baby seemed to settle a bit.

Turns out I have an anterior placenta, but no obvious problems with munchkin. Heartrate was 148bpm, a little lower than average but still within acceptable limits.

Nuchal scan was under 2mm, but sonographer wouldn't give me risk assessment until I've had the bloodwork done. I was sent off for that straight after the scan.

My dates changed slightly, seems I'm 13+1 rather than the 12+4 I thought I was. My due date of 2nd July hasn't been officially changed, but it's been noted as 28th June by the scan. I'm going to trust this as more accurate than by LMP so I'll update my ticker and siggy in a sec. Depending on how you look at it, that could mean I'm in 2nd tri now. :D

Anyway, we got 2 pics, but one came out particularly well so that's the one I've attached to this post. :)

EDIT / Added 2nd scan pic, placenta is visible at the top. :)

Attachments

• 13weeks.jpg
    13weeks.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 41
  • 13weeks2.jpg
    13weeks2.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 27
im glad everything went well. what a lovely picture:happydance:

Congratulations! Glad to hear your NT went so well!

great picture.

Not sure if I would have been able to 'half-empty' my bladder. Once I start...:laugh2:

awww gorgeous pic - so glad it went well xx

Thank you all so much for your lovely comments. :flower:

Congratulations! Glad to hear your NT went so well!

Thank you, I'm relieved it was a small measurement. Results aren't conclusive until my blood tests come back, but I'm feeling confident. :)

great picture.

Not sure if I would have been able to 'half-empty' my bladder. Once I start...:laugh2:

It was quite hard but not for the reasons you'd expect. It was so full, I actually couldn't go and had to force it out lol. Of course, it soon filled straight back up again, must have had a backlog. :D

Thats such nice news - I love the scan picture - congratulations!

I've added the 2nd pic as you can see the placenta at the top and the babies head is towards the cervix. :)

Briliant and great pics x

Congrats again babes,Soooooooo Happy for you :happydance:
Beautiful :kiss:

xx xx

They are great pics!!

Bet your glad youve been moved forward..

Im due 2nd July according to my private dating scan at 10+6 but I have my NHS one next week so Im hoping they move me forward again slightly (wishful thinking)..as long as everything is ok with baby, thats all that matters.

I just took a copy of the scan picture to work to announce my impending fatherhood to everyone.
The vast majority of my co-workers are ladies so I was nearly deafened by the sounds of squeeing.
Many hugs, pats on the back and congrats were offered while I stood there and beamed like a loon. :D
A couple of them were even tearing up! I predict that several of the husbands of my colleagues will be confronted with their suddenly broody wives starting sentences with "we need to talk..." tonight!

They are great pics!!

Bet your glad youve been moved forward..

Im due 2nd July according to my private dating scan at 10+6 but I have my NHS one next week so Im hoping they move me forward again slightly (wishful thinking)..as long as everything is ok with baby, thats all that matters.

Thanks hun. :flower:

It is quite nice to suddenly skip a few days lol, hope you're a little further along too. Was sad to leave the July babies thread though.

I just took a copy of the scan picture to work to announce my impending fatherhood to everyone.
The vast majority of my co-workers are ladies so I was nearly deafened by the sounds of squeeing.
Many hugs, pats on the back and congrats were offered while I stood there and beamed like a loon. :D
A couple of them were even tearing up! I predict that several of the husbands of my colleagues will be confronted with their suddenly broody wives starting sentences with "we need to talk..." tonight"

hehe.... trust you to cause a stir at work dear. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->