12 week scan

MrsA2014

Reaction score
We went for our 12 week scan yesterday was so nervous, but it was amazing to see baby on screen, I'll try and post a picture of it later, the sonographer said everything looked good but that we were measuring a little behind, going by my period I would've been 12 weeks 4 days yesterday but I was measured at 11 weeks 1 day yesterday. He said this is absolutely fine its because my periods weren't regular before I got pregnant, I have to go back for another scan next week for them to do the downs syndrome test as he said you have to be nearer to 12 weeks to carry that out. Was just wondering if anyone else had gone to their scan and been put back?

It is very common, especially if you have long or irregular cycles. It all depends on where abouts in your cycle you ovulate and how quickly the baby implants. Last time they kept me at my LMP, I am expecting to be put forward a few days this time.

Thanks Twinmum, always helps to hear that things are normal or quite common as I was laying there last night thinking maybe something might be wrong!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->