12 week ultrasound. My story

I had a ot of 1sr trimester scan due to bleeding and i never heard the heartbeat. Infact im 27 weeks now and never heard it with a scan. i did on doppler at 16 weeks. I dont think over hear we do hear it. But seeing it is enough to no that everything is ok

i think its utterly adorable and so refreshing to hear from a man! All you seem to read on this forum is how our other halves are either annoying us, being mean or just not seeming interested!!! Well done you being so involved and excited! this baby is one lucky bub!!! My hubby is the same and is so involved asking loads of questions!!! More men should follow in your footsteps!! as for hearing the heartbeat ive never been offered to hear it and have never been told the heart rate either, just that its nice n healthy!!!! Enjoy the rest of the pregnancy!!! :D xx

I cook for my wife, make sure she's comfy at night, have even bought baby clothes on my own, I bought a pram, I research her nutrition, make sure she takes her prenatals and DHA on time, make her her favorite breakfast (pancakes and turkey bacon) when she's feeling down, and guess what? She still has the raw end of the deal. She's the one that has to carry that baby and watch her body change. My mom and dad got divorced when I was very young, and my mom made sure my brother and I learned to cook, clean, and more importantly, she taught us that women are to be put up on a pedestal. :)

Im so jealous! im bringing up my boy the exact same way, to respect women! :) think you should give my OH a few tips he doesnt have a clue. still love him (when my hormones havent taken over lol) but would be nice for some help! anyway sorry for moving off the subject, Congrats! and i dont think we hear heartbeats here in UK but might be worth asking at the 12 week scan see if we can, dont ask dont get i suppose lol x

Thanks. But I want to speak to the "jealous" comment you made. I know you were kidding but I just want to say, never be jealous of anyone. What God did for me, he can do for you, and for the people I MIGHT feel jealous of, well He can do for me what he did for them.

That's one cute kid you got there! :)

Oh and if your OH "doesnt have a clue," you have to educate him. There were more than a few times when my wife had to correct me about issues during this pregnancy. But I am a quick learner! Plus, who wants to get yelled at?

Just wanted to say congrats on your impending arrival! Also, I'm in the US, and have heard the heartbeat at both of my ultrasounds so far. Just about 5-6 seconds worth, but enough to know it's amazing! I agree with the other posters though, it's about the fact of the heartbeat, whether you see or hear it, that determines that everything is going fine. You don't strictly need to hear it to know that fine, if they saw it and measured it, you're good to go. But definitely ask to hear it at the next one, it was the most incredible part for me!

Just wanted to say congrats on your impending arrival! Also, I'm in the US, and have heard the heartbeat at both of my ultrasounds so far. Just about 5-6 seconds worth, but enough to know it's amazing! I agree with the other posters though, it's about the fact of the heartbeat, whether you see or hear it, that determines that everything is going fine. You don't strictly need to hear it to know that fine, if they saw it and measured it, you're good to go. But definitely ask to hear it at the next one, it was the most incredible part for me!

Thanks. I was happy to see, at least a good ole strong heartbeat at 163 per minute. Exhilarating.

i think its utterly adorable and so refreshing to hear from a man! All you seem to read on this forum is how our other halves are either annoying us, being mean or just not seeming interested!!! Well done you being so involved and excited! this baby is one lucky bub!!! My hubby is the same and is so involved asking loads of questions!!! More men should follow in your footsteps!! as for hearing the heartbeat ive never been offered to hear it and have never been told the heart rate either, just that its nice n healthy!!!! Enjoy the rest of the pregnancy!!! :D xx

I cook for my wife, make sure she's comfy at night, have even bought baby clothes on my own, I bought a pram, I research her nutrition, make sure she takes her prenatals and DHA on time, make her her favorite breakfast (pancakes and turkey bacon) when she's feeling down, and guess what? She still has the raw end of the deal. She's the one that has to carry that baby and watch her body change. My mom and dad got divorced when I was very young, and my mom made sure my brother and I learned to cook, clean, and more importantly, she taught us that women are to be put up on a pedestal. :)

Im so jealous! im bringing up my boy the exact same way, to respect women! :) think you should give my OH a few tips he doesnt have a clue. still love him (when my hormones havent taken over lol) but would be nice for some help! anyway sorry for moving off the subject, Congrats! and i dont think we hear heartbeats here in UK but might be worth asking at the 12 week scan see if we can, dont ask dont get i suppose lol x

Thanks. But I want to speak to the "jealous" comment you made. I know you were kidding but I just want to say, never be jealous of anyone. What God did for me, he can do for you, and for the people I MIGHT feel jealous of, well He can do for me what he did for them.

That's one cute kid you got there! :)

Oh and if your OH "doesnt have a clue," you have to educate him. There were more than a few times when my wife had to correct me about issues during this pregnancy. But I am a quick learner! Plus, who wants to get yelled at?

awww thanks!he has definetly got lots of personality! lol. yeah i have tried explaining, me explaining is me 'moaning' hehe. guess you gotta just take people as they come!!!

Cant wait tilll the 12 week scan as think it may be more real to OH. Well everyones here for you during all the milestones! BnB has really helped me and so many others through emotional, confusing and upsetting times, and just for a natter with my bump buddy :) x

awww thanks!he has definetly got lots of personality! lol. yeah i have tried explaining, me explaining is me 'moaning' hehe. guess you gotta just take people as they come!!!

Cant wait tilll the 12 week scan as think it may be more real to OH. Well everyones here for you during all the milestones! BnB has really helped me and so many others through emotional, confusing and upsetting times, and just for a natter with my bump buddy :) x[/QUOTE]

thanks! Can barely wait to find out the gender!!!

Congratulations :)

It's just dawned on me after reading this that the consultant didn't even mention the heartbeat at our 13 week scan and we never thought about it because we were so excited to see the baby! She did all the measurements and we saw it do a backflip but she didn't say a single thing about the hearbeat - we didn't even see it :(

I did hear the heart beat on the doppler that we have at home so that's reassuring....

x

Loki you are probably right re: it being a boy (that's what they've always said with me, and I have two) but while everyone thinks it's the penis that's the most prominent, particularly at that stage of development it's the scrotum that makes boys more easily identifiable. Congrats either way!

Loki you are probably right re: it being a boy (that's what they've always said with me, and I have two) but while everyone thinks it's the penis that's the most prominent, particularly at that stage of development it's the scrotum that makes boys more easily identifiable. Congrats either way!

THANK YOU!!!

:thumbup:

When my girlfriend had her 12wk DS scan done you could CLEARLY see it was a boy. She has a 3D pic and WOW there it was as clear as day. My friend was like " is that what I think it is?, is it a boy" and lady said " she doesn't like to say what gender she thinks it is until the 18wks scan but there is definitly no hiding the fact that yes it is most likely a boy"

Congrats on your wifes pregnancy and whether it be a boy or a girl as long as it is healthy is what matters.

When my girlfriend had her 12wk DS scan done you could CLEARLY see it was a boy. She has a 3D pic and WOW there it was as clear as day. My friend was like " is that what I think it is?, is it a boy" and lady said " she doesn't like to say what gender she thinks it is until the 18wks scan but there is definitly no hiding the fact that yes it is most likely a boy"

Congrats on your wifes pregnancy and whether it be a boy or a girl as long as it is healthy is what matters.

Thanks for responding. I was shocked when the tech alluded to the fact that she had and idea what the sex is; she quickly backed off and said "i want to wait until the 20 week scan to be sure." Like I said before, the only way it would be "obvious," or even vaguely seen is if she saw a willy. I am going to try not to think about it, but I hope its a boy, and of course, I hope its healthy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->