12 week ultrasound, worried UPDATE

Nataliexx

Mummy of 4
Reaction score
Had our ultrasound bub looks great but my bloods still we're not there.
I already know that my AFP is really high (almost double) so my doctor wants me to have a CVS soon

Just thought I would share our photos
https://i872.photobucket.com/albums/ab290/Natalieenaxx/6EA4C240-7FC0-4ACD-8420-AFA8F76E3B1B.jpg

https://i872.photobucket.com/albums/ab290/Natalieenaxx/B1AFFEB5-F812-4E90-9486-070FEB8295AE.jpg

https://i872.photobucket.com/albums/ab290/Natalieenaxx/FB921D8C-10CA-4ABE-8E85-41A77A176F29.jpg

UPDATE

Got the results they look great and I'm low risk
But they are worried about Spina bifida
So I will be going for an amnio in a few weeks
My sister informed me she has the same thing but hers is not bad.
I really hope bub will be fine. I'm just glad that most things are ruled out :)

Sooo cute!!

Sorry can't help ya but your baby is looking just like mine in my 12w scan on Thursday. Very cute.

Aww your baby looks so cute.

Good luck with the cvs. I've had one before too. Xxx

Do the nt fold was fine and everything looked okay ? That's good right ?

I mean I would enquire about the harmony test Hun instead of having the cvs

But I mean it's upto you the cvs carries the risk of miscarriage you don't have too have it even if docter is pushing you !

I hope everything is okay x

I'm pretty sure we don't have that here
I just had the scan done and didn't get the results to what my risks are
But a few days prior my doctor called me in and told me I will need a CVS because my AFP is to high.
I get my results from the ultrasound tomorrow

My babies nt was fine at 1.3mm but my bloods came back very low and meant they couldn't even calculate a risk of high because it was off the scale. I was told I needed a cvs.
It was uncomfortable but I just focused on the ceiling and stayed very still. They took 3 samples in total. Waiting for the results was worse thsn the actual procedure.
We got our results 2 days later and unfortunately it was bad news and our baby was not compatible with life. I hope u get a much happier outcome
Xxx

I hope you have the best outcome !!

Broody - when you say your bloods were low is that when's there's a problem ? X

My babies nt was fine at 1.3mm but my bloods came back very low and meant they couldn't even calculate a risk of high because it was off the scale. I was told I needed a cvs.
It was uncomfortable but I just focused on the ceiling and stayed very still. They took 3 samples in total. Waiting for the results was worse thsn the actual procedure.
We got our results 2 days later and unfortunately it was bad news and our baby was not compatible with life. I hope u get a much happier outcome
Xxx

Thank you. I'm sorry for your loss :(
I will find out today when I will be having it and my results

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back