12 week wait

spicyorange

Reaction score
Those people who haven't / aren't shelling out for a private early scan how do you cope with the wait to 12 weeks for your scan? It's killing me and I'm still 5weeks away.

I wouldn't have been able to wait, I didn't (and still don't) feel pregnant in the slightest so waiting 12 weeks was out of the question for me and I caved at 7 weeks!

Im trying to distract myself but from the moment i found out on NYE it's all I can think about from the moment I wake up!!! I think I will crack. I'm only 5-6 weeks!

I don't believe I get a scan of any kind until about 20 weeks :sad2: My 8 week appointment is the 21st. I won't even get to hear my baby's heartbeat until the 12 week appointment.

It's been so hard! I went this past Monday (Jan 5th) for my first appointment and all they did was take a pregnancy test, ask questions, and check me out inside (tmi, lol). He said everything looks good and at my 12 week appointment they'll do an ultrasound and I'll be able to hear the heart beat! I only have a couple of more weeks.

If I could, I'd pay extra for an earlier scan but I really want a 3D/4D scan and would wait until I was much further along with my 20 weeks scan and do that instead if I have to pay extra for it. That wasn't available during my last pregnancy ten years ago.

i think I'm going to be tempted to get an early scan, but I'm also hoping that it turns out I'm further along than i actually am so i don't have long to wait! ( unpredictable periods ) i have my 1st appointment on the 15th anyone know what happens in the uk at the 1st appointment? can they tell me how far along i am? as i have no idea....?

When I was expecting my son, I didn't hear the HB till 12 weeks, my only u/s was at 20 weeks, and the entire pregnancy was very hands-off, your body knows what it's doing. This time around (maybe because it took so much more work to get here) I want to know EVERYTHING!!!! and I wish I had the option for a private u/s but sadly it's just not in the budget. When the nurse called with my hcg results earlier this week she indicated the doctor would probably want an 8 week u/s to confirm viability (I think they're possibly worried about ectopic).

It seems crazy to me that they make people wait til 12 weeks! In California (at least in san diego) they offer state testing (Blood tests) to check for diseases and stuff like down syndrome and it must be done by 13w6d so they did my dating scan at 8 weeks to know when I would be ready for the testing if we choose to.

i think I'm going to be tempted to get an early scan, but I'm also hoping that it turns out I'm further along than i actually am so i don't have long to wait! ( unpredictable periods ) i have my 1st appointment on the 15th anyone know what happens in the uk at the 1st appointment? can they tell me how far along i am? as i have no idea....?
They dint check the baby at booking appointment just ask a bunch of questions and take blood and urine samples so they won't tell you how far your are until your first scan

Doc just called me with my 16dpo hcg (309, 14dpo was 77) and told me they'd be booking me I'm for 7w1d. :)

I think it depends on your circumstances. This is #3, so used to the wait, and no complications in the past. We'll wait to tell family and friends though, that's the bit I find hardest!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->