12 weeks and scared after a bleed

LadyLovenox

Reaction score
Hi ladies. I'm 12 weeks, and on Saturday, I had some rust-red colored bleeding. Scared me to death, so i went to ER. They did a scan, found baby right on track, heartbeat 163, moving all around. No sign of bleeding in uterus. Dr diagnosed me w friable cervix and said it was probably from having sex the night before ( first time all pregnancy we had sex...poor dh). I'm skeptical bc he didn't do any kind of exam to even see my cervix. So I guess he diagnosed it based on ruling out uterine bleeding. But I'm still so nervous...what if it was the start of a m/c? Would they have been able to tell that on the ultrasound? I have had no bleeding since that night...but my discharge has had tiny bits of brown in it ever since., which is unnerving. If it was a m/c, would I know it? I just feel like my pregnancy is now up in the air, right when I thought I'd be getting outta the 12-week"danger zone". So gutted

It could have been a uterine bleed, like a sch, which has now resolved itself hence not visible on scan. I had brown discharge - old blood - and a scan the next day and nothing could be seen to indicate why, was told could be cervix too (had sex two days before) or that it could be due to the placenta settling in. Either way if the scan looked fine try not to worry too much, I know it's easier said than done but your chances of miscarriage at this stage are very low.

You could just have a sensitive cervix or something. I've had a few bright red bleeds but so far it's been out of uterus. Having sex could have just irritated something as well. Hard to say. If baby was fine on scan you should be good. The brown is just old leftover blood, I wouldn't worry about that. Just keep an eye out for anymore bleeding that is red and go in if you see any. You can always call your OB/MW and see what they say.

Thank you both!! I have my appt w mfm tomorrow morning so hopefully baby still has a good strong heartbeat and they can help ear my mind a bit. I am such a nervous nelly when pregnant!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->