12 weeks and spotting

mommasboys2

Reaction score
So this pregnancy has definitely been a rollercoaster ride for sure! But to make things worse I woke up today spotting or should I say when I wiped there was pink blood And I just broke down. I am 12 weeks 3 days today so of course we have already announced it. I went to the doctor today and all they did was listen to the heart beat which is a great thing, but it didn't put my mind to ease any. Has anyone has this happen this late in your 1st trimester and things turn out to be ok? I have my regular appointment Wednesday and they will do a ultrasound then, but that seems so far away now.

My secknd pregnancy I had pretty heavy bleeding at 14 weeks out of no where. I couldn't get an ultrasound or even get anyone to listen for a heartbeat (it isnt done before 16/17 weeks here) for a whole weekend. It turned out to be an undiagnosed subchorionic hematoma ind and I had a healthy pregnancy afterward.
Spotting could also be caused by cervical erosion or something, or if you DtD recently and irritated it? Having heard a heartbeat is a very good sign though as bad news bleeding usually happens once the baby has passed.
I hope you are able to get some answers to put your mind at rest soon :hugs:

My secknd pregnancy I had pretty heavy bleeding at 14 weeks out of no where. I couldn't get an ultrasound or even get anyone to listen for a heartbeat (it isnt done before 16/17 weeks here) for a whole weekend. It turned out to be an undiagnosed subchorionic hematoma ind and I had a healthy pregnancy afterward.
Spotting could also be caused by cervical erosion or something, or if you DtD recently and irritated it? Having heard a heartbeat is a very good sign though as bad news bleeding usually happens once the baby has passed.
I hope you are able to get some answers to put your mind at rest soon :hugs:

Thank you! We haven't DtD since last week so nothing has been in there to irritate it so definitely not that. Just praying that everything is ok and that we still have a healthy baby come Wednesday. The waiting is going to drive me nuts though.

Hi, I actually had more than a little bleeding this morning. I passed a clot as big as my fist. Freaked out, went to ER, and told to do pelvic rest. Babies are doing fine and they couldn't figured out what caused the bleeding and clot. I've been spotting for the past 17 hours. It finally stop and hopefully stay that way. I have been drinking lots of water. heard dehydration can caused your uterus to contract. Not sure if it's true but I figured that drinking lots of water wouldn't caused any harm. I also read that if they found heartbeat, you have 85% chance to carry the baby full term. Hopefully your spotting stop soon.

Hi, I actually had more than a little bleeding this morning. I passed a clot as big as my fist. Freaked out, went to ER, and told to do pelvic rest. Babies are doing fine and they couldn't figured out what caused the bleeding and clot. I've been spotting for the past 17 hours. It finally stop and hopefully stay that way. I have been drinking lots of water. heard dehydration can caused your uterus to contract. Not sure if it's true but I figured that drinking lots of water wouldn't caused any harm. I also read that if they found heartbeat, you have 85% chance to carry the baby full term. Hopefully your spotting stop soon.
Thank you! And yes I was told to just resr and wait on Wednesday to get here unless it turns into heavy bleeding. I hope all continues to go well with you little ones keep us updated!

Thank you! I'm trying to stay calm and Thankfully already have an u/s scheduled on monday. Maybe the NT scan can help determine what happened. I think I'm addicted to see my babies now lol. I got to have 3 separate u/s today and was amazed at the babies wriggling. Hopefully Wednesday will pass by quickly for you. I know that I'd probably be concern for the rest of the weekend. I'll check back to see how everything goes for you.

I know this sounds euch but do you have any, erm piles?! perhaps the spotting might be a swollen one....

Piles is another name for hemorrhoids.

The spotting stopped Saturday night and no more since then. Went to the doctor yesterday for a check up and lo was jumping around like crazy. Thank you everyone for the help!

Wonderful news! I love hearing of good outcomes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->