12 weeks feeling movement

Poppymist_BC

Reaction score
Hi ladies I am just wondering if any one else is feeling their baby move? This is my 5th baby I have been feeling fluttering for a couple of weeks and yesterday 12 weeks on the dot my baby started moving so rapidly and strongly you could see it at times whilst looking at my belly.... with my 4th baby it started at 14 weeks never this early though.

My question is has any one ever had an early scan that measured you at 9/10 weeks and then you've gone for your 12 week scan ( mine is tomorrow) and your baby is bigger?

I am asking cause I just don't see how this movement is even possible it's so strong like the baby is kicking and I'm only just 12 weeks.

I'm pregnant with #4 and I thought he other day I felt flutters but thought I was going mad. But perhaps I did
I'm 12 weeks today.

When I was pregnant with my second baby I was at the park with my son and cold so I sat on the edge of the sand pit and pulled my knees up round my chin (so my whole body was squashed 'shut' so to speak) and I felt a very distinctive 'flip' of the baby. I was 12 weeks and I can only assume it was because I'd squashed myself up and subsequently closed his little space tight.

Other wise I didn't feel him again til 14 weeks. No one ever believed I felt him at 14 weeeks so I never even tried to tell them about the 12 week experience.

Another thing when I was 15 weeks I was at a friends house and she saw the baby kick above my pubic line (I made a deliberate attempt to show her to prove it wasn't just in my head!) he must have changed position shortly after because I couldn't 'see' kicks again until I was 27 weeks.

People will tell you it's impossible. But it isn't, a midwife will tell you it's not possible but your body isn't a text book from which they did their degree and your body isn't that of all the others from which they learned midwifery. Your body is yours, your baby is inside you and if you felt or saw it, you did. I matter what others will tell you.

I'm pregnant with #3, and I've been feeling baby for the past week, at only 12 weeks along. This is not uncommon at all...everything happens sooner with each subsequent pregnancy. At this point, baby is about 3 inches long, so it's feasible to be feeling flutters, particularly if you've had babies prior to this one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->