12dpo beta too low??

juhnayrae

Reaction score
Hi there. This past weekend I got a BFP, so I called my RE's office today and they wanted me to go for a blood test. They called this afternoon with the results and said that it was 53 (I'm 12dpo) and the nurse said she was concerned because they thought I should be in the 100s range.

She tried to reassure me that it was probably just late implantation, but after a few CPs already this year I'm freaking out. Talk me off the ledge everyone :/

Also, with DD I was 55 at 11dpo and then 290 at 13dpo. So, it's definitely lower unless I ovulated a day later than I thought I did (but I did a trigger shot, so it's hard to imagine that being the case)

I don't know why the nurse told you that! The only way to know for sure is to go in again for a second blood draw and see if your levels are going up, down or staying the same although if you take a look at this website https://www.betabase.info/chart/basic/single your level of 53 would be about average for 12 dpo.

Don't worry about it at all! At 12dpo my level was 20! Now I'm 26 weeks and measuring exactly right so I didn't even implant late. It's definitely the second test that matters. Are you getting another blood draw soon? I'm sure your next one will be perfect:)

Mine at 14dpo was 84 so that doesn't sound bad. As long as it keeps going up and you don't get heavy bleeding. Good luck!

Contrary to what the nurse is (incorrectly) telling you, 100 is definitely not the average for 12dpo. hCG is supposed to be 100 at 14dpo. Since betas are supposed to double every 48 hours or less, 50 at 12dpo sounds like it's pretty darn perfect. I would be surprised if you aren't quite a bit over 100 at your 14dpo draw.

PS: It has been my experience that fertility nurses are wrong more often than right. I never put much stock in what they say anymore. If I want answers I can trust, I ask my doctors.

At 13dpo my beta was 48 and at 17 dpo 185. My RE thought both were good. Just matters that it is doubling every 48-72 hours at first.

So you should be fine! Are they going to recheck in a couple of days to see if it is rising?

Thanks everyone! I think the issue is the nurse probably failed to remember from my message and from looking at my chart that I'm not 14dpo yet. I think when she saw the numbers she probably just went into auto-pilot and assumed that I was 14dpo. I told her I wasn't, but she probably didn't remember.

I'm feeling better, especially after taking this tonight: (I know pregnancy tests are qualitative and not quantitative, but something about watching the line get darker and darker is reassuring to me!)

Attachments

• 2015-05-27 20.30.09.jpg
    2015-05-27 20.30.09.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 10
Yes! I forgot to mention I'm going for another draw Friday morning. I'm going to decide to think positively and tell myself that the numbers will double :) If it weren't for my past losses I probably wouldn't have given what she said a second thought.

I was 33 at 12DPO. Then 148 at 16DPO. They werent concerned at all!

I didn't even get my very very faint Bfp till 15dpo. I have no idea why she would expect it to be in the hundreds that early on. Mine didn't get into the hundreds till week 5. Seems most doctors and nurses are clueless when it comes to Hcg levels and scare women for no reason what so ever. I hope your repeat bloods go well. Congrats on your pregnancy!

So, ya'll were right, the nurse was dead wrong. I got my numbers back and they more than doubled - I was 179 this morning. Thankful for this great news and hoping this little one continues to stick with us! Thanks for the encouragement earlier!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->