12m+ snacks..

Discussion in 'Weaning & Nutrition' started by Serene123, Apr 8, 2009.

1. Serene123

Serene123 Guest

At 10 months? Total no-no, or are they just safe-gaurding themselves incase they choke?

2. 1st_baby

1st_baby Guest

I give max those gerber puffs made for 12+
    hes been fine so far ..they melt quickly

3. Alexas Mommy

Alexas Mommy Well-Known Member

Same here! I have been giving Alexa those and baby cheerios since 6-7 months...but as for those rice cakes and baby cereal bars... I have thought of it, and changed my mind, I am going to wait one more month, until she is a year old for that-personal preference though.

4. mommyof3co

mommyof3co Mommy of 4 amazing boys!

They are just trying to protect themselves, just watch the ingredients, I'm sure prettymuch all of it she could have

5. isil

isil Well-Known Member

I'd give Ally them at 10 months. Heck, I probably give him stuff at the moment that's 12 months + and I just haven't looked close enough! For me, it'd be more about the ingredients than what the snack is and since I wouldn't give anything to a year old that I wouldn't give to a 10 month old. I think I'd give Alasdair stuff at Caitlyn's age. It's not like you're gonna leave her unattended with it.

6. Alexas Mommy

Alexas Mommy Well-Known Member

Yep... The only consern I would have, is that some of the 12m+ rice cakes and cereal bars have honey! Besides that, I think your fine!

7. jenstar

jenstar Well-Known Member

What is an example of a 12 month snack?

As the only thing I can think of that they shouldn't get til age one is honey. I would have thought once they're weaned, they're weaned.

8. Hevz

Hevz 4 beautiful children

They're only guides...and as mentioned before, babies under 1 aren't supposed to have honey coz of the teeny weeny risk of botulism, but to be honest it's very rare anyway. You just have to be more aware of them choking and never leave them unattended with any food or drink:dohh:

Snacks for babies/toddlers............

apple, peeled and cut into thin wedges I find are easiest to handle

home made low sugar or sugar free biccies and cakes

dry cheerios

grapes, washed and cut into four ickle pieces

breadsticks

come on girlies....what's your toddlers favourite snacks????????