13+1

MaMaRed1012

Reaction score
I just had my appointment today and the doctor found the baby's heartbeat with the doppler. Everything was great.

However, when I asked when he will be doing the anatomy scan he told me it would be 21-22 weeks! I was hoping for 18-19 weeks. :blush: However, I can not wait that long. I am not a patient person nor due I like surprises.

We decided to book an elective gender scan for January 25th when I'll be 16+3. Is anyone else as inpatient as I am?? :winkwink:

Me! I had the Panorama blood test and got the results back in 7 business days and knew the gender before 13 weeks! 100% accurate on the gender (no guessing like a scan lol) and they can screen for any genetic syndromes as well. You can get that done as soon as 11 weeks now...amazing. The materniT21, Harmony, and Verifi are all similar test but done by different companies. Good luck!

I have never heard of the Panorama blood test. I suppose my doctor mentioned a more extensive blood screening test; but, he does not offer that test unless you are 35 and I am 34. Did you get it done at your doctors office or at a lab?

At 16 weeks you may not be able to see gender clearly. I would wait a few more weeks othersiwe you may have a surprise as it happened to a friend of mine. She had earlier U/s around 16 weeks and was told she was having a girl. Then she had 20 week one and was shocked to find out she was having a little guy....yup she gave birth to a little boy :haha:

Thank you for the reply. The elective ultrasound place guarantees satisfaction and has a 99.9% accuracy rate. However, I do understand that baby may not be cooperative but they said I can come back for another scan free if that is the case. But I suppose that it can happen being told the wrong sex---which would be frustrating to say the least. I will still have the 16+3 scan and hopefully the 21 week scan will confirm! :flower:

I have never heard of the Panorama blood test. I suppose my doctor mentioned a more extensive blood screening test; but, he does not offer that test unless you are 35 and I am 34. Did you get it done at your doctors office or at a lab?

It is fairly common in the US now and anyone can get it but if you are 35+ insurance covers it 100% (at least mine did). It's not always offered as a routine maternal care procedure and if your low risk that's why they may have not mentioned it. Awesome technology available now! Good luck with your scan and happy and healthy 9 months!

It is fairly common in the US now and anyone can get it but if you are 35+ insurance covers it 100% (at least mine did). It's not always offered as a routine maternal care procedure and if your low risk that's why they may have not mentioned it. Awesome technology available now! Good luck with your scan and happy and healthy 9 months!

Ahh, thank you for the information. The doctor considers me low risk and beings I am 34 he probably didn't even think that I might be willing to pay! :winkwink: Oh well, I will enjoy seeing the little bean on the ultrasound in a few weeks!

I also have a private gender scan on 25 January and I'll be 16+2 xx

I also have a private gender scan on 25 January and I'll be 16+2 xx

Yay! I am glad that I am not the only one! :happydance: Do you have any feeling of what the gender is? Both hubby and I feel it is a girl. Excited to find out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->