13 month old wakes up for feedings still

shadowsilk

2 kids, want 2 more.....
Reaction score
Right now my 13 month old is waking up at night, for a feeding, nothing else puts him back to sleep but a bottle of formula. How can I help him not wake up at night?:crib::cry:

my 13 month still wakes up for a feed too, only advice i have is porridge for supper and a good bedtime routine.

My 23 month old still wakes up for a drink, but she has always been a thirsty girl. tried everything.x

my boy still wakes up for a drink, nothing has worked yet! an he is nearly 2 and a half!!!

What do you give them at that age if they are still wakening? Im sure I seen someone say give water - they end up sleeping through in end? May be wrong of course :blush:

giving water doesnt always work either wobs, some kids are just thristy i guess. i know colin still drinks water in the night!!

i think the only option would be to do controlled crying, by going in telling them that they will get a drink in the morning and that it is sleep time, and leave them for 5-10 mins and hopefully they will go to sleep.
I did that with ewan and after 10 mins he would be back asleep, and he started sleeping through but then he got a gastroenteritis bug and we were back at the start again.

My baby is almost 13 months and she sleeps right through BUT if she did start waking for a feed, id definitely give her some water and then tell her to go back to sleep (they understand what bedtime is well at that age) so try not to back down. I know it won't be easy, but try to stick at it and he should learn.

Terries idea about porridge later was good too. By the way - do you give him some milk before bed?

I think I will try what everyone is suggesting, giving him water might be what he needs, he wakes up cries for a bit, and talks to himself, and wont sleep. My father said to feed him, but maybe he's just thirsty. Formula makes them not thirsty or hungry but he barely finishes a bottle so he might only be thirsty.
Thanks everyone!!:blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->