13 Months Immunisations

LynAnne

Mum to 2 Boys
Reaction score
DS is 15 months now and he still hasn't had his 13 month immunisations. He had an appointment for just before Christmas but we had to miss it as it was unsuitable time wise for us - and I didn't want him feeling poorly over christmas! We called and told them we couldn't make it, asked to reschedule and were told that they don't reschedule like that. If you miss that the appointment they just wait until they can fit you in and it can take a few months. It's only been two months but I'm wondering just how long I should wait before trying to sort out another appointment?

Weird - we've discontinued the immunisation schedule altogether and have had no end of invitations and prompts to make an appointment through our door, despite asking for a cease of contact more than once, and being assured that they would stop contacting us.

I'm surprised they haven't contacted you! I'd ring up again now it's been a couple of months and ask them what it is they want you to do/when you can expect to hear from them.

Emma had hers at 16 months, they don't do that set until 15 months here anyway. Just call and make an appointment? Not sure what you're really asking.

Emma had hers at 16 months, they don't do that set until 15 months here anyway. Just call and make an appointment? Not sure what you're really asking.

Sorry if I didn't make it clear. When we missed/cancelled our appointment in December we tried to reschedule but we're told that's not how they work with immunisations. Essentially, they will get in touch with us, we don't get to make a new appointment. I was just wondering how long people thought we should wait before chasing them up about it as they said it could be a few months.

I'd just call up and play dumb, say that you'd like to book your LO in for scheduled immunisations. If it comes up that you missed the last appointment then at least you will have a chance to ask about when he might get an appointment and you might get lucky with a nice receptionist.
Failing that I'd probably say "OK that's fine, I think we'll give vaccinating a miss, can you let our GP know please?" and you'll probably have an appointment through by the end of the week :winkwink:

I'd just call up and play dumb, say that you'd like to book your LO in for scheduled immunisations. If it comes up that you missed the last appointment then at least you will have a chance to ask about when he might get an appointment and you might get lucky with a nice receptionist.
Failing that I'd probably say "OK that's fine, I think we'll give vaccinating a miss, can you let our GP know please?" and you'll probably have an appointment through by the end of the week :winkwink:

Haha, yes this will definitely work. They are horrified that we are not immunising our kids lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->