• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

13 weeks post c-section, scar still bleeds

chele

Mummy to Max & Hayden
Reaction score
I have a small part of my scar that is like a skin tag/blood blister and it bleeds when I do too much.

Can I ask the doctor to put an extra stitch in. 13 weeks is taking the pi55 a bit for it still to be bleeding.

It was problematic in hospital, kind of like the stitching there was a bit wrong. The rest of my scar has healed perfectly.

I have the same thing. I have one section that had a blister. I stood up one day and it just wouldn't stop bleeding. Ended up going to the hospital, they told me that it's a bloodclot behind the scar, where it's attached itself back together. They said it will keep bleeding til all the bruising and bloodclot has broken down and not to worry. It's a pain because i have to put a pad in the front of my pants to stop it leaking. They said it can take quite a while, but that it doesn't need an extra stitch. I found that while i'm home just laying with no pants on or rolled down letting it dry out really helped. It took about two days for it to scab up and now it looks loads better.

Hopefully yours will heal too. The hospital did give me a weeks antibiotics just incase it was infected. It maybe worth you asking for some just to make sure. Mine were called Erythromycin tablets x

I've had antibiotics for it twice when it got infected but it's fine now and not infected but just still bleeds when it "pops" open again
Will let you know what doctor says on Thursday

I just had this happen to me. I am almost 2 weeks post C-section...woke up last night with blood all over my PJs. This freak me out. Went to the doctors today and they basically said that I had a collection of blood between the skin and the muscle. The doctor drained it and then packed the area and put me on antibiotics. They also put me on home health care to change the packing everyday. This really sucks!

Hope things are not as bad for you.

Aww no, You've had allot of jip with your scar. I hope the doctor sorts it out instead of giving you more antibiotics it shouldn't still be bleeding after 13 weeks!
Touch wood, i've been lucky, my scar has never bled or been pussy. x

hi,i had this too,im now 7weeks after having my daughter,i was told by the midwife it was a blood blister,but when went to the gp,was told it was overgranulating tissue because of having a small hole in my scar,this is were the body had produced too much tissue to repair the hole,i was given a small pen of acid and my partner had to burn the blister off at home,it wasnt painful and after 4 days of using the acid pen my scar is now fully healed :)

hi,i had this too,im now 7weeks after having my daughter,i was told by the midwife it was a blood blister,but when went to the gp,was told it was overgranulating tissue because of having a small hole in my scar,this is were the body had produced too much tissue to repair the hole,i was given a small pen of acid and my partner had to burn the blister off at home,it wasnt painful and after 4 days of using the acid pen my scar is now fully healed :)

That's pretty much what she did today
It's called a granulanoma. She cauterised it and gave me some cream in the hope it doesn't get infected now. Hopefully this is the end of it now and it will scab over, fall off and be lovely and perfect. I can dream!

Chele i'm glad they have done something for you. Fingers crossed it heals up nicely and you can finally stop bleeding x

yea thats exactly what my nurse said it was called....i was shocked at how long it took them to diagnose mine, but you seem to have been misdiagnosed for a long time,so pleased it finally sorted out for you and hopefully your scar will heal perfectly now,i know mine has and its fading real quickly too xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->