13 weeks

SerenityIllin

Reaction score
I just had my 13 week scan yesterday. We saw the baby, which was measuring at 13w1d, with a heart rate of over 170. I am concerned though because baby didn't move much, It lifted its little hand to its face a couple of times and slightly rolled over to its side for a second but thats about it. should I worry that my baby isn't doing well if it isn't moving? I also want to know what people think i might have, the tech said the placenta was on the center top of the uterus. I am also concerned because the heart rate was over 170 isn't that a little high?

Congratulations! If there was anything to be concerned about it would definitely have been mentioned. Heart rate is fine and babies are not always bouncing about - they sleep, wake, rest like we do. If you want to try nub or skull theory you will have to upload some pics - but I would relax, you've seen your baby and all sounds great!

Babies heart rates are always on the high side....they get up to around 180bpm. Its quite normal. As for movement, its different for each person. Some babies move more while some move less. The only time its concerning is less movement than normal for that particular baby. If the baby is normally super active and then starts being very sluggish, then its a concern.

Congrats luv, looks like you have a healthy baby

I wouldn't worry. My baby didn't move until the end or the scan. The tech said it was one of the most behaved baby she had seen because it was so still.

Heart rate doesn't sound anything to worry about under 180 is perfectly normal x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->