13dp5dt: Home pregnancy test shows a light line

haleiwamama

Benji's mom and TTC #2
Reaction score
Hi ladies, I got my BFP on 8dp5dt (9/6/14) after confirming that my HCG was doubling... first beta on 9/4/14 was 18 and second beta on 9/6/14 was 78. I asked my doctor to keep doing betas until my first u/s but she believes that the numbers don't tell much after the 2nd beta... so she said I could POAS if I wanted to ... so I did today... and the test line is much lighter than the control line...

Im really scared and the doctor's office wont open for at least a couple hours... can anyone shed some light on this?

Hi,
I am sorry you are stressing so much with your pregnancy. I am going to say something a bit harsh now and please don't take this to heart BUT... QUIT using pee sticks!! you are torturing yourself. What will be will be and at this early stage, IF something was wrong(big IF as im sure you will be ok) there is nothing anyone can do. You are going to stress yourself too much with this daily pee stick thing. I know how precious this pregnancy is for you as i am now on my 4th cycle of IVF and know how desperate we are for this to work, but that said, we can't fight nature. If a pregnancy is meant to progress it will. I have lost 2 babies so i dont say this lightly :( Bin the pee sticks, and wait for your 7wk scan which will soon be here. Try and enjoy the moment. None of us know what is round the corner xxx

Hi,
I am sorry you are stressing so much with your pregnancy. I am going to say something a bit harsh now and please don't take this to heart BUT... QUIT using pee sticks!! you are torturing yourself. What will be will be and at this early stage, IF something was wrong(big IF as im sure you will be ok) there is nothing anyone can do. You are going to stress yourself too much with this daily pee stick thing. I know how precious this pregnancy is for you as i am now on my 4th cycle of IVF and know how desperate we are for this to work, but that said, we can't fight nature. If a pregnancy is meant to progress it will. I have lost 2 babies so i dont say this lightly :( Bin the pee sticks, and wait for your 7wk scan which will soon be here. Try and enjoy the moment. None of us know what is round the corner xxx

Im so sorry about your angels :( during the whole TTC journey I did really good about not poas... with IVF I noticed that a lot of the people I follow were getting quite a few betas done, and my doctor only wanted to do 2... so she suggested I do the poas thing so I can see that Im pregnant because I dont feel much... so I peed... and this happened.. this was the only time I poas since beta #2 on 9/8/14...

I sent doc a picture of the test and she sent me straight to the lab to see if I was aborting... I just came back from beta #3... now I just bite my nails and wait...

Aww, see with my clinic, we dont have a beta at all. We poas at home 2 wks after transfer and then call clinic with result and if positive they book you in for a scan 3wks later. Its much more relaxed here and at this early stage i think rightly so as its too early to do anything if we were to start mc anyway sadly. How did u get on with your 3rd Beta? xxx

Aww, see with my clinic, we dont have a beta at all. We poas at home 2 wks after transfer and then call clinic with result and if positive they book you in for a scan 3wks later. Its much more relaxed here and at this early stage i think rightly so as its too early to do anything if we were to start mc anyway sadly. How did u get on with your 3rd Beta? xxx

3rd Beta came at 642, which was great... anything above 500 was good!

See! all will be fine. Good luck with the rest of the pregnancy and bin the pee sticks! lol xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->