13mths chewing then spitting

Newt

tiny amphibious salamanda
Reaction score
Oscar has been doing this for about a month now. He take the food chews it all up, stores it for a bit then spits it out.
He is losing weight, although I expected that when he started walking.
I thught it was just a phase so I try to ignor it. It is really starting to worry me now though. :huh:

I honestly think it is still probably a phase. I know Valerie will do this every now and then when she gets a bite of something that has a lot of flavor. She will keep it in her mouth and suck all the juice out of it and then spit it out. She doesn't do it much at all, but every now and then she will. That's why I wonder if your LO is going through a phase. I would just keep trying to feed him...try different things and maybe mention it to your doctor. Especially if he is dramatically losing weight...

Dec started doing that when he was about 12-13 months and he done it for about 2 months, he would chew then spit, mostly meat. HV said it was because he was getting his molars and the didnt like to chew to much, he would still eat soft stuff, but chewy stuff was a bit of bother, now that he has his molars he is back to eating normally. My HV said it is a very normal and common phase/stage that children go through and as long as they dont lose to much weight then not to worry. xx

sounds like that may be it. There ar some back ones coming through. Thanks x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"