14 Month Old That Hates Milk

rebeccaalice

Beautiful Son + Daughter
Reaction score
Hi Im New On Here But Hoping Someone Mite Have Some Advice My 14 Month Old Son Hates Milk We Did Have An Issue With Him Having Diarrhoea And Was Advised By GP To Avoid Dairy And He Was Put On Aptamil Peptti But After A While It Was Obvious This Was Not The Problem And When He Turned One We Tried Him On A Little Bit Of Full Fat Cows Milk Which The HV Advised And He Was Okay With The Switch From Formula. After A While We Tried Putting Cows Milk In His Beaker Also What The HV Advised Which He Drank For A Couple Of Weeks .. But Now In A Bottle His Beaker Or The Numerus Different Types Of Cups/Beakers We Have Brought He Will Not Drink The Milk Either Formula Or Cows And Pushes It Away And Screams If He Does Take Any In His Mouth He Just Spits It Out

We Have Up'ed His Dairy With Things Like Cheese, Yogurt, Yogurt/Custard Covered Fruit And He Will Have Cows Milk In His Cereal And If Any Is Left I Spoon Feed Him (Or Put It On The Spoon And He Puts It In His Mouth) Till All The Milk Is Gone

Can Anyone Surgest Any Other Ways To Try Or Is It Okay To Let Him not Have Milk?!

We weaned Omar off his bottles 1 month back, since then he doesnt drink milk at all. I asked his paed & he told me it's fine as long as he's getting dairy in food.

He loves plain yoghurt, cheese & milk pudding, so he gets 1-2 yoghurts, 2-3 cheese pieces, & 1 milk pudding everyday. This is in addition to milk in his morning & evening cereals. I started to give him cereals before bedtime to up him milk intake.

I also give him vit D drops. As long as your LO is getting a min of 12 oz of dairy it should be fine hun. Milk is only a drink after 12 months, if your LO is getting enough dairy from food there is nothing to worry about hun.

You can try milk shakes prepared with milk & fruits like banana, straberries or mixed berries.

my lo does not like his milk at all now and he's only 6 months. i was under the impression that when he is 12 months i could just give him lots of dairy. are my memorys wrong, been a long time lol. i'm really hoping that i don't have to stress and worry about him having his milk for any longer than this. every day now his a battle, its sooo stressful x

omarsmum sorry just read your post proper, milk is only a drink after 12months pheww x

Thanks Ladies :) Im Bit Shy To Ask The HV Or At Weigh In As Im 22 And Dont 'Fit In' With The Crowd Of 30 Year Olds That Go And Dont Want To Give Them Anything Else To Look Down On Me For .. Im Sorry To Here That Loz27 Im Just Trying To Think Of The Plus Side That My LO Wont Be Having A Bottle At Bed Time So Mite Help When It Comes To Going Dry At Night

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->