14 weeks after c section and scar has opened again!

Scally

Reaction score
Help!!!!! Has anyone had this? I got an infection at 6 weeks and the middle part of my c section got 4 holes in it, leaking lots of blood and pus- had dressings changed frequently, 2 lots of antibiotics and finally 3 ish weeks later it closed back up. Now it has opened again- 2 of the holes so far (one of the holes is quite deep but not as bad as last time) and lots of slime again- i am on antibiotics again and dressings.
What can i do to help this?
Last time i rested loads and it did nothing to help (apart from eventually the holes closed) this time i cant take it easy, i want to carry on as normal and do things for my children, i am sick of it!
I have started 1000mg vit c to try and help, drinking lots of water.... can anyone suggest anything else? anything i can put on it?

x

Mine was infected too, and opened up a bit. I was told it's important to make sure it gets air every day, so maybe spend some time each day with no dressings on and air it out. And wash/rinse it every day. That was my mistake. I got so busy with the baby that I didn't wash it every day and it got badly infected. I wouldn't put anything on it if it's infected. A nurse told me to put polysporin on it - made it worse. The doctor prescribed a topical antibiotic - made it a LOT worse. Tried peroxide - that actually helped more than anything, though I don't think you should do that without a doctor's advice. Good luck! I hope it heals up soon!

Hi, I had the same thing. It's a nightmare.

What really helped mine heal was Savlon antiseptic SPRAY!

Not the cream, but a dry spray you spray over the wound and it leaves am orange dust on the wound but keeps it clean and helps heal the skin.

Hope it heals for you soon xx

Sorry you're having so much trouble hun.

I'm a strong fan of simple salt water! In my opinion this heals everything. It is what I bathed my scar in and I healed really well with no problems. Sometimes the simple things work best.

In my mum's day that's what they used. She had saltwater baths every day for her stitches x

The best thing to do is not remove the dressings very often and leave it alone

The only thing that helped the hole and the end of my wound heal was having it packed by the nurse a couple of times a week but mine was never infected it just used to leak and was about 3cms deep

Can you go and have it looked at by a nurse, drs know very little about wounds

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->