14 weeks and still so tired!

Beccaboop

Mummy to Jacob
Reaction score
I've been so tired since I got my bfp. I don't know if it's the anti sickness medication I'm on for constant nausea as they do say they can make you drowsy or if it's a pregnancy thing but at several times during the day I really stuggle to keep my eyes open! :(

Is this normal?

Hi, I'm frequently tired still at 16 weeks (although it has eased some). Sometimes if you are overly tired it's due to low iron. Have you had your iron levels checked yet? Mine were low with DS1 and my exhaustion greatly improved after being put on supplements.

Totally normal. I'm still pooped out and I hit 14 weeks today. With DD I was exhausted the whole pregnancy and never caught that "second wind" I hear so much about.

I'm still pretty tired! I've been lucky to never feel that absoloute exhaustion on a regular basis at any point this pregnancy but I'm still way more tired than pre-pregnancy. I have literally no stamina. Did an hours shopping yesterday and spent the evening collapsed on the sofa! Makes me feel like such an old lady! My friend who is a week behind me is the opposite. She's back to feeling like normal and has just got back from a mini break sight seeing in Rome! No way Id have the energy for that. Everyone is different, I found my 'first tri' symptoms like sickness and generally feeling really rubbish didn't ease off until week 17/18. And it wasn't until week 20 that I started being able to eat my normal diet and not find food repulsive!

Hi, I'm frequently tired still at 16 weeks (although it has eased some). Sometimes if you are overly tired it's due to low iron. Have you had your iron levels checked yet? Mine were low with DS1 and my exhaustion greatly improved after being put on supplements.

No I haven't had my iron levels checked. I will see the midwife at 16 weeks and if I'm still having naps everyday weather I want to or not I'll talk to her about it
Thanks x

I'm 19 weeks and still tire easily. I've just gotten some energy back in the last two weeks but not like I used to be. I agree with a PP about stamina being the issue...I used to be able to go nonstop all day, now I can maybe get two big things done a day and that's it.

I'm on cyclizine for sickness and drowsiness is one of the main side effects. I literally feel like I've been drugged when I take one so up to now have only taken a few when my sickness has been really severe because I'm tired enough all the time as it is!
Was hoping to miraculously wake up feeling full of life on the day I turn 12 weeks, that's probably not going to happen then :haha:

I think it's pretty normal, especially when you already have a little one to look after. I'm 17+ weeks and after a full weeks work I definitely need to catch up on sleep over the weekend. Sometimes OH even has to take DS somewhere just so I can have a rest.

I'm still very tired. Although I think a lot of it has to do with running after a 10 month old, and waking up several times at night with him.

I'm 20 weeks and I'm still super tired. Some days I get energy and can exercise or do house cleaning or errands, but then it seems to take me about 2-3 days to recover from it. I just get too wiped!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->