15 DPO BFP after Negative blood test?

lilnessi

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

Feel like i am going crazy here. My DH and i have been TTC for a year now. Yesterday at 14 DPO i took an IC test and saw a shadow of a line, it appeared during the time frame but was so faint i thought that my mind was playing tricks on me. I also went in the afternoon to have my beta blood test. This morning i took another IC and saw another faint line, darker than yesterday. I was cautiously hoping for some good news from my RE, but when they called me this morning they told me it was negative. I was convinced that I just imagined the lines, but something made me take another test about an hour ago and the line was definitely there, so I went to the drug store and got an FRER and within a minute a definite line showed! I just don't understand why my blood test was negative? Has this ever happened to anyone before? I feel like i have been on such an emotional roller coaster today! Here are my pics (Top is my FRER and underneath my IC tests from today, one from this morning and one at the same time i took my FRER)

Attachments

• IMG_2242.jpg
    IMG_2242.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 42
Definitely does not look like evaps.

As far as blood test, there are 2 types. One is positive if you have at least level of 25 and the other is an exact number even if less than 25. Maybe they did the qualitative instead of quantative.

Another possibility is that hcg takes longer to leave urine than blood. So people have negative blood test before a negative hpt.

I would keep testing to see if it progresses and if so call your dr. Fingers crossed it was just the qualitative blood test and your level was just shy of causing it to be bfp.

Thanks, I'm hoping that was it was as well. I just worry that it didnt show up on the blood test because something is wrong. Definitely taking another test in the morning (and who am i kidding, later tonight as well lol)

Good luck, I hope the tests get darker

Thanks Ninax, tests darker this morning (ever so slightly)! gave a call to my doctor this am to see if i can schedule another blood test. so hoping that this is finally it!

Fingers crossed for things to be fine! I agree, i bet you just hadn't hit the threshold for being considered positive yet.

Just spoke to my dr's office, she said my blood test was less than 5. Have another lab scheduled for tomorrow, so hopefully levels are way up!

Well, took a frer digital this morning and said not pregnant..i guess im having a chemical? I took 3 IC tests throughout day yesterday and they were definitely BFP..I’m gutted, will still go for blood this morning but I think my doctor will think I’m crazy lol

A digital is not as sensitive, so do not count yourself out yet :hugs: I've taken a regular hpt and a digital with the same urine in the past, and the digital said not pregnant while the hpt was a very obvious BFP. I was very much pregnant and that child is now 3 years old.

Thanks bdb84! That gives me hope, of course, i went to the store and bought another frer and there was a line but it is pretty light, i just feel like it should be getting darker. Will wait to see what the blood test says, unfortunately i dont think i will be getting the results until tomorrow though.

FX for a definite bfp from the blood test! HCG can build slowly, so hopefully that’s all that’s going on here.

just an update, my level was only 5, looks like a chemical, i also started bleeding today :( going in for a follow up blood test on Tuesday to make sure level is 0

Biiiig big hugs and very sorry for your loss :hugs2:

thanks for the support everyone, hopefully will get a sticky bean soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->