16&Pregnant and Teen mom

I watch them sometimes but 16 & pregnant gets really old. It's just the same old crap everytime. A lot of the girls are absolutely ridiculous. Anyways my DH recently told me that since these shows came out there has been a huge spike in teen pregnancies in the US. I think they should take them off the air personally. x

According to reports they bring in about $65,000 a season. I noticed that in the beginning a lot of them had money problems but towards the end now they all have their own apartments, cars, etc and never talk about money problems. So by depicting this to teens everywhere they don't see the money struggles, debt, and poverty that most real teen moms experience.

I watch them sometimes but 16 & pregnant gets really old. It's just the same old crap everytime. A lot of the girls are absolutely ridiculous. Anyways my DH recently told me that since these shows came out there has been a huge spike in teen pregnancies in the US. I think they should take them off the air personally. x

I would believe that too, everytime I flick through the music channels here, MTV has 16 & pregnant or something on. If anything, doesn't it give the view that that life is something that girls should aspire to, cause its on MTV and all? :shrug:

i watch them if i need a confidence boost. then i feel much better about my parenting skills.

I would believe that too, everytime I flick through the music channels here, MTV has 16 & pregnant or something on. If anything, doesn't it give the view that that life is something that girls should aspire to, cause its on MTV and all? :shrug:

Yeah I agree. It makes getting pregnant at 16 seem like fun. Like hey, maybe I'll be a movie star.

Maybe because of my own age I realise what MTV are trying to get at when they show these programmes and it's not so much that teen pregnancy and parenting is glamourous, but that they do struggle with finishing school, working/daycare, relationships etc. along with having a baby to care for. I think one series of 16 and Pregnant even showed complications the mothers had in pregnancy and with their births to try to keep from making it appear like it's a fun thing to go through.

If there was a spike in pregnancy in the US I doubt it's so much because of the programme and more because of the lack of sex education at an earlier age from parents. But that can be said anywhere...well almost anywhere.

No doubt that Maci is the smartest and most responsible of the group. Farrah went through a lot, but she's also very disrespectful and spoiled...you can tell by the way she speaks to people, Catelynn made the smartest decision considering the life the baby would have had, and Amber & Gary need to have Leah taken off them...if you watch how they are with her, they're fighting with one another more than they are paying attention to the baby...and how they fight in front of Leah is ridiculous. Amber is violent and Gary is a moron.

Honestly, I cannot stand them. Nearly all the people on those shows are ridiculous and are only picked to make entertaining TV. Like any other 'reality' show parts of it are scripted to make good viewing also.

Seriously, I think Caitlynn was the only decent one on there.

The ones I can remember have all acted like spoilt brats. I remember one when Gary sat and argued with Amber, she hit him and he was more interested in anything bar their daughter.
That Farrah, yes her mother was a cow, but she was just as bad. I remember her storming out the car because she didn't get a car she wanted, sleeping through her baby getting up and crying in the morning and then giving her mum into trouble for feeding her daughter etc.
And then there was Maci's boyfriend. I remember him telling her she would never go to college and wouldn't succeeded etc. What a div!

Eugh, don't get me started on them, they really give teen parents a bad name imo. Very stereotypical, again for viewing.

Also, seeing these girls become 'famous' because MTV, have their money worries shot away through income from the show and be 'glamarous' actually encourages young people too get pregnant. I know for a fact I never aspired to be pregnant, I do not regret my baby at all, but being a young mum was nothing I seen as an ambition, a want or desire. I never thought it was glamarous or easy. Nothing this show portrays. They entice children into getting pregnant because they hope it will turn out the way these girls lives have.

Well I want my music back on MTV :haha:

I watch the new teen mom one, its interesting to see how they all are after the 1st series, its lovely when Caitlynn and Tylor gets to see new photos of Carly :thumbup:

i hate the 16& pregnant show - there always seems to be drama or a problem of some sort... its so dramtized, it makes ALL teens look stupid :dohh:

I dont watch teen mom though so i cant comment on their parenting!

16 and pregnant was all I watched when I was pregnant! I thought they were brill. Not keen on Teen moms though, its crap.

I love it! I'm addicted to teen mom. I think Maci is such an amazing mom, and Farrah is..well..kinda seems like she's just like her own mom, and not in a good way.

Although I do think it's stupid that they had the one episode where farrah's "fob" came over for dinner and just the other day I saw on a tv news show that the fob died before sopia was born. It would have been a much more interesting show if they told the truth.

I love it! I'm addicted to teen mom. I think Maci is such an amazing mom, and Farrah is..well..kinda seems like she's just like her own mom, and not in a good way.

Although I do think it's stupid that they had the one episode where farrah's "fob" came over for dinner and just the other day I saw on a tv news show that the fob died before sopia was born. It would have been a much more interesting show if they told the truth.

Oh i didnt know that. I thought they just split up and her mum told her not to tell him. So did he really die do you think?:shrug: She does get really upset when he's mentioned

I really like both show's as well they are both addictive. amber is a bitch and gary is stupid enough to stay with. why do they keep getting in engaged? has it not sunk in that its just NOT going to work out.
Farrah's mum was as outta order but farrah shouldn't be treating her mum the way she does. if it wasn't for her mum and dad she would be hear today.
the ep where caitlynn gave up carly was really sad but probs for the best because her and ty's family are always fighting about something and ty's dad is in jail.
Maci is a really good mum and very mature. ryan was a useless dick head. it really pissed me off the maci was trying really hard not to give bentley his dummy and as soon as bentley is over ryan's the dummy is back in his mouth.
oh i a don't like the fact that farrah left her baby in the sink because the baby turned the tap on a burn her poor little hands and she left her on the bed unsupervised and she fell out.

Oh my god i talk too much lol

Sunday's should be good. does anyone also watch raising hope?

I don't think that was the baby's dad that her parents met... it was some guy she was 'dating' - baby's dad died in a car crash 2months before baby was born.... https://news.lalate.com/2010/08/04/...arrah-abrahams-derek-underwood-death-shocker/ xx

I don't think that was the baby's dad that her parents met... it was some guy she was 'dating' - baby's dad died in a car crash 2months before baby was born.... https://news.lalate.com/2010/08/04/...arrah-abrahams-derek-underwood-death-shocker/ xx

It's possible I could have heard it wrong, but I'm pretty sure on that episode it did say it was the baby's dad that was coming over. Either way though that is really sad that he died.
Did anyone else see the news thing about his mom saying how much she wishes she can see sophie and be in her life but farrah won't let her. Then she said she had found sophie at the park one day with her babysitter and held her and took pictures and everything. I would have fired that babysitter letting someone hold a baby just because they claim to be the grandmother!! I'm wondering if she was following them or something because what would a grown woman be doing at a kids park anyway?

Yes Sophias dad did die before she was born, and the guy who came for dinner was who she was dating. I think the UK shows it way behind us since we live here....

Teen Mom is already done filming, and its on to the next season of 16 & Pregnant and I agree with one of the pp who said they are soo dramatic and make every teen mom sound irrogant and clueless. Teen mom 2 is about to premiere and its going to be Janelle and Leah and a few other moms. Have you girls seen those episodes (16&pregnant)

By the way:
Amber is horribly immature and I've heard Leah was taken away from her!
Farrah is dumb but has matured the most. imo
Maci is an awesome mom and really puts bentley first
And catelynn is an awesome selfless mother! love her!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->