16&Pregnant and Teen mom

I love it! But Amber does my nut in :grr: All she seems to do is scream at Gary while poor leah just wanders round by herself :(

The rest seems like good mums really- even if they do formula feed :roll:

xx

Ouch

To be fair, the majority of US programmes I watch the mums tend to FF more than BF, any of you US ladies... would I be right in saying FF is more common? But eitherway ladies, please don't turn this into a FF v BF thread :dohh: I'm sure the girls on the show that are FF their babies doesn't encourage people to FF? Doesn't and didn't for me anyway :shrug: x

I love it! But Amber does my nut in :grr: All she seems to do is scream at Gary while poor leah just wanders round by herself :(

The rest seems like good mums really- even if they do formula feed :roll:

xx

I think my jaw just dropped. Was that a dig? I don't understand, YOUR a FF.

I'm somewhat confused by what you meant?

ETA - I see now, you were referring to the posts above. Sorry, thought you were being somewhat harsh. xx

tut....I think because I was disappointed in some giving up bf someone decided to insinuate things. Not all teens are like that even some said so yet the bf vs ff id raring its head and i wont be entertaining that.

Not ff v bf again :nope: I thought this thread was going alright! Why would anyone be disappointed in how others feed their babies??

I liked the show, I remember watching Farrah have Sophia when I was heavily pregnant, I was crying my eyes out saying I couldn't do that when my DH told me 'I don't think you can get out of it' Thanks!!!!

This is why i dont watch teen mom. They are a tiny percentage of the overall population...

Not ff v bf again :nope: I thought this thread was going alright! Why would anyone be disappointed in how others feed their babies??

I liked the show, I remember watching Farrah have Sophia when I was heavily pregnant, I was crying my eyes out saying I couldn't do that when my DH told me 'I don't think you can get out of it' Thanks!!!!

I was pregnant too. And I remember crying every week that I wanted my baby now, if they could have theirs, why couldn't I?!

Think OH dreaded Sunday nights haha xx

I was pregnant too. And I remember crying every week that I wanted my baby now, if they could have theirs, why couldn't I?!

Think OH dreaded Sunday nights haha xx

Mine too :rofl:

!
because breastfeeding can be a nice experience and some like me enjoy it and hope others get to experience that to.

.. I didn't realise it had gone off topic!

Just don't want to see another thread shot down in flames over BF v FF when the topic in hand is about the tv programme 16&Pregnant/Teen Mom!!

Okay I watched it once and didn't care for it. Maybe because I'm in my late 20's and OH is in his 30's so I can't really relate. But I saw one episode and the teen boyfriend was being an utter asshole, texting the mom and denying the baby/refusing to see the baby and I just couldn't watch that spectacle. I know it happens to many teen mothers and I think it's just disgusting behavior (of this 'father'), and teen girls need to see that it is a reality - but I don't derive any entertainment from seeing a baby being rejected by it's own parent. Couldn't watch it.

I think I know which episode you're talking about aliss... can't remember the girls name, but it was absolutely horrible :nope: that's why I can understand some saying they don't agree with the programme as they think it ''glamourises teen pregnancy'' but I don't think that's entirely true (maybe for some teens, not the majority) as it also shows a lot of the lows and hardwork pregnancy & parenting can bring... and as you say, teen boys not sticking around even if there is a baby in the picture :( x

^It was a girl with dark hair, she had a daughter, and she lived with her dad, if that rings a bell.

And I found it absolutely did NOT glamourize teen pregnancy at all! Although one problem is that teen lovers usually don't think it will happen to them. They'll end up happily ever after with the whole castle & unicorn. Well, we all know how that pans out most of the time.

I love Teen Mom. Maci, Catelynn and Tyler are great parents. Farrah, Amber and Gary...not so much! (not that I'm in the running for mum of the year or anything!) I feel sorry for poor Leah, she seems like such a nice little girl despite all the screaming and violence around her.
I think it shows a lot of realism, they all find it hard and talk about how they wish they could go out with friends more, go to college etc. Ok, they get money from the show and that must help a lot, but they definitely don't live glamorous lives!

I always watch Teen Mom and 16 & Pregnant. I've been watching the episodes every week of 16 & Pregnant. And honestly.. I'm not sure why I watch because every episode except for maybe one I have gotten so upset. I just hate watching these dead beat guys who would rather play video games than take care of their babies and get jobs. I'm not even sure why I watch anymore...

I love Teen Mom though. I don't feel that way about that show.

Okay I watched it once and didn't care for it. Maybe because I'm in my late 20's and OH is in his 30's so I can't really relate. But I saw one episode and the teen boyfriend was being an utter asshole, texting the mom and denying the baby/refusing to see the baby and I just couldn't watch that spectacle. I know it happens to many teen mothers and I think it's just disgusting behavior (of this 'father'), and teen girls need to see that it is a reality - but I don't derive any entertainment from seeing a baby being rejected by it's own parent. Couldn't watch it.

I feel the same way!!!

^It was a girl with dark hair, she had a daughter, and she lived with her dad, if that rings a bell.

And I found it absolutely did NOT glamourize teen pregnancy at all! Although one problem is that teen lovers usually don't think it will happen to them. They'll end up happily ever after with the whole castle & unicorn. Well, we all know how that pans out most of the time.

Yep that's the one I'm thinking about (series2) - the girl wore quite a bit of make up? And she ended up ringing her dad in floods of tears to come home as she was absolutely distraught over the text the baby's dad had sent her :nope: I think they also went and changed the baby's surname too as he didn't want anything to do with her :( x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->