16 week no interest in toys is this usual?

iwanababybump

Mum to Jamie- due inApril
Reaction score
Jamie is 16 weeks tomorrow and when we offer toys he tries to grab them but still hasn't got the hang of grabbing 100%

If he does manager to get them he gets so angry with them and begins to growl at them and gets really frustrated lol, if I'm honest he has no interest in toys at all is this normal for his age?

He loves just sitting with people and talking away to them and playing daft face games, I'm thinking this is because this is what we have always done with him, I'm just a little concerned as when we went to playgroup another mother commented on how her DD was only 4 month and she can hold toys "properly" is Jamie behind with this milestone?

I don't think he is behind with his milestones but question what toys do you have? My lo wasn't really interested until my friend bought her Lamaze Freddie the firefly and she went crazy over it (and still does now!!) I bought her few more Lamaze toys as well.

Might be worth trying some new toys

The only toys my LO likes is a mirror from his playmat and a Lamaze bumblebee, I have a pile he wont even look at lol :dohh: Maybe try another?

Take him to Asda or babies r us and show him a few and see if you get a reaction to any? :flower:

The only toys Sophie likes, aren't toys!

I wouldn't worry too much about it, he'll discover playing with things in his own time. Enjoy lots of face to face time! If that's what he enjoys I don't see anything wrong with it.

Before Sophie got the hang of playing properly, she'd get really really frustrated too. She still does now if she can't reach something she wants, or she wants to be in a position she can't get herself in (like sitting). Maybe he's frustrated because he wants to play, but he's not quite sure yet how to?

It'll come!

I ditto Lamaze toys. We have Lamaze Captain Calamari and my LO grabs his legs. I wouldn't say she 'plays' with toys yet though.

Omar was 6 months when he started to show some interest in toys. He also wasnt interested in grabbing toys earlier. He preferred to coo & babble at people, he was very social & preferred to interact with us instead of holding or playing with toys.

I don't think he is behind with his milestones but question what toys do you have? My lo wasn't really interested until my friend bought her Lamaze Freddie the firefly and she went crazy over it (and still does now!!) I bought her few more Lamaze toys as well.

Might be worth trying some new toys

I have been stumped at what toys to buy lo so I just ordered the firefly on Amazon after reading your post:) LO loves people and attention, watching tv, and staring at colorful things but I would love to find her a toy that she actually enjoys now that she is grabbing things.

My lo is very much people person, she smiles at strangers and if we're in shop standing behind someone she shouts until they turn round!!!! She loves playing with all the bits on the firefly. Think it's the colours and noises on it

Glad I can help someone :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->