16 weeks and belly is HUGE! Is this normal?

Dobsd

Reaction score
This is my first pregnancy and I feel like my belly is sooo big. I even have had people at work commenting on how big I am and asking if I'm definitely only 16 weeks (I am) or whether there's 2 in there (there's only one!).

My stomach is usually flat and I have quite so small frame. Does this look too big for 16 weeks?!

Edit: Forgot to mention, I'm quite tall at 5'10". Does height make a difference?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 76
I don't think you look overly big at all

Everyone carries so differently depending on so many different things like weight, height, size of baby, position of baby, amount of fluid etc

There is no such thing as 'normal' and 'abnormal' with bump size

I think you look fab and not too big at all

I think you look great :)

People just seem to love to ask if it's twins. I think even if you had a tiny belly you'd get someone asking!

x

Nah you're not big at all. I'm only a week ahead of you and i'm huge. I'm normally a size 6 so i'm slim too. There is a lady at my daughters school who is due in 3 weeks time and we're the same size. Everyone thinks we're both due in the next month or so. I tell people i'm bigger than the average lady for 17 weeks and I believe the lady that is due in 3 weeks is small for 37 weeks.

I was expecting you to look a lot bigger! I tend to bloat and sometimes look huge! I've had the occasional "are you having twins?" And when I say: "Yes I am actually" they looked shocked and lost for words clearly not expecting that answer, so its obvious people don't think there are two, they just want to get a "you look fat" comment in and be rude I think :rofl:

You don't look huge at all. Mine was part bloat part bump at that stage so went some weeks not really growing as the bloat went down and bump went up.

People just like to comment.

I think you look small? Not big at all.

I think you look fine for 16 weeks too- not overly big at all.

I was also expecting you to look big. You look small to me too...but I was huge with mine--gained 80 or so pounds! Anyway, you look great. I think people in general like to make comments when you're pregnant.

Looks spot on, I'm the same size. 2nd baby here BUT I regained a flat tum after DD 4yrs ago and stomach muscles are strong so am the same size as I was at 16 weeks with DD :D Hope that reassures. xxx

You don't look that big, me and you are both due the same day x) I look HUGE well maybe not but to me I do. And I'm short 4'11 I think my bump might stick out just a bit more than yours? Also people probably comment because you were small before and now its different to see you with a belly. :)

Attachments

• tumblr_n7h1k0VVkH1s2xp61o1_250.jpg
    tumblr_n7h1k0VVkH1s2xp61o1_250.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 3
  • tumblr_n7hf76XRCc1s2xp61o1_500.jpg
    tumblr_n7hf76XRCc1s2xp61o1_500.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 2
I think u look normal to me. People always say shit like that don't listen to them

Have you got a long/short torso? I'm also 5ft 10 & usually very slim, in my last pregnancy you could barely tell I was pregnant even the day I gave birth I had a flat stomach, this time I'm bigger but still don't look pregnant at 25 weeks. My midwife said it was because I'm tall so have a long torso therefore baby has lots of room. If you have a smaller torso baby can only go out lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->