16 Weeks and Worried

cskme_

Reaction score
I am 16W 2D, and I haven't heard my babies heartbeat or seen him/or since 13 weeks. I never feel my baby and I don't feel as though I am even pregnant. I have a huge fear that I will see my OB next week and no heartbeat will be detected.
Does anyone else have these fears? Or did they have these fears around this time and everything ended up okay?
I just never feel any movement or anything and I have this sick feeling that it isn't alive. :cry:

With my first I didn't really fell movement until 20 weeks or so. I completely understand. The first time I was fortunately to have several scans. This time I have to wait a month between hearing that precious heartbeat. Every now and again I feel a little flutter and that helps.

Completely normal. Try not to stress too much. There's really no way for you to know one way or the other. Unless there is cramping and bleeding, all you can do is have faith and hang until your next appointment.

Thanks Nikko, my OB appointments are 4 weeks apart. After I see her I feel more positive for the first 2-3 weeks, around this time I start getting worried that something happened just because its been so long. I'm excited to start feeling movement, at least then I will have some reassurance instead of every 4 weeks lol.

I feel exactly the same way. I last heard my baby's heartbeat at 12 weeks. Like you, I felt great for couple of days after my ultrasound and doppler scan for heartbeat the next week... but then the worry set in again. I'm only 14 weeks, but I felt the first flutters with my oldest daughter around this time. I'm just so worried that I will go for an appointment (or elective ultrasound for gender) in a couple of weeks and the baby will have passed. I never had these worries with my first two... I'm a lot older and more aware of the possibilities now, though. I've honestly considered getting an at-home doppler because the worry is getting to be too much. Maybe that would help you too?

In any case, I hope you start feeling better soon. :hugs:

I was so close to buying a Doppler and actually refused, I think it will cause even more anxiety if I cant find the heartbeat on my own, or maybe I will become obsessed with it lol. My OH disagrees with it too he just laughs and says "you're fine stop worrying" because there really is no other use for it than just making sure the heart is still beating. I still consider buying one sometimes but then I remember that in a month or so I should start feeling movement anyways. My next OB appointment is on Tuesday, and after that I have a private gender scan a week later, and a week after that I have my anatomy scan.
After that I guess I will have to rely on movements...
Its just this long wait for Tuesday that's killing me!

I'm 17 weeks now with my 4th and still think something is wrong, Iv never heard the heartbeat just my 12 week scan and havnt seen a midwife yet! Got my 20 week scan in a few weeks and convinced it's gona be bad! God knows why x

I feel the same way I am so convinced that my baby is gone. My next appointment is June 6th so I am excited about that! But I feel the same way but I am sure everything is fine :)

I was like it my whole first pregnancy, I'm guessing it's normal to be so worried something will be wrong that we convince ourselves that's exactly what's going to happen. I did buy a Doppler but not til after my 20 week scan cos it seemed like such a big stretch after that to not see him again, I just had to hear his heart beat :haha: I'm a little less of a worrier this time around but I think that might be because I haven't known about the pregnancy for very long :haha:

It's hard not to worry I know but once you feel movement you know they're happy and safe in there so try not to worry too much until then :flow:

Went for my OB appointment today, heart was beating at 155 :) so much relief. Now I can look forward to my gender scan next week :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->