16 weeks no bump and other first time mum worries... advice please

divineparadis

Reaction score
Hi all..

I am 16 weeks already but I still don't have a bump! I am plus size (UK 18) and also have lost 5 kg since 6 weeks pregnant.

Besides not showing I also constantly worry about my baby. I live in Singapore and have gone for what we call here the detailed and Oscar scan at 15 weeks. All is good but every week I read some bad news on forums like this week I read someone had a miscarriage at 17 weeks and it just make me anxious. It always seems to me that I am never "quite there yet" as the news i read is always ahead of my pregnancy week. Because of this I rarely talk about my pregnancy... And every week is a slow slow week.

Appreciate any advice that can help

I know it's easy to say, but please try not to worry :hugs: . It's very normal not to have a bump at 16 weeks, especially if it's your first baby. I didn't get a bump with my first till 25 weeks and 20 weeks with my second. I'm very slim, so I thought I'd show early because of that, but no, no bump till well into second tri. I can understand being impatient for it though. I remember both times I really wanted to look pregnant so everyone would know! My first felt like it went very slowly too! But at 16 weeks you have come a long way :D nearly half way there! Do you give yourself mini-milestones? Second tri seems full of them: 20 weeks half way, 20 week scan, finding out gender (if you are), V-day, getting the bump at last etc. Third tri seems very sparse for milestones in comparison! As you can see in my ticker, I try and think ahead to my next milestone (even appointments) as it makes the time feel like it goes quicker.

Worrying about miscarriage or something happening to baby is very normal in pregnancy and while sadly it does happen to a very small minority of women in second tri, thankfully, the chances are very low (around 1%). I know not everyone is cheered up by statistics, but generally the chances are very high that everything is going to be fine and I hope that eases your mind a little! I hope you can relax and enjoy this stage of pregnancy. Second tri is such a lovely time in pregnancy!

I had no bump til 34 weeks with my first - yourr muscles are tight this time round

Also, the worrying NEVER ends. It's normal. Welcome to motherhood :)

Don't worry about the bump hun! Like the others said your first you don't show as soon. I'm 24 weeks today and I still don't have a bump. I just look like I've gotten a bit fatter. I know it's harder to think about it being okay, especially being on this site where it seems everyone has a bump at like 2 weeks pregnant! Obviously I'm exaggerating, but really everyone looks pregnant here.

It's the same when it comes to hearing the bad news. If you weren't on this site hearing about someone having a miscarriage at 17 weeks would be slim to none. Because that's how little it happens. The benefit about this website is all the information we can get from other women, that can help feel better or at ease. The negative about this website is that it's so big, and spans over the whole world that you read about this you might never hear about otherwise.

Be happy with your pregnancy. Enjoy it while you can, because it's goes really quickly!

I'm a size 16/18 and with my first I didn't show until 25 weeks!! It was horrible not having a bump until then so I know the feeling but try not to worry it will come :)

This is me at 16+5 - the faintest hint of a bump.
1898169_10152335945687962_1643737474_n.jpg

I remember reading on here about a miscarriage at 18 weeks and, for some reason, that really stuck with me. I was terrified until I'd passed it! Now, my worries come and go. I still get stricken with fear that I'm going to lose my baby but it passes.

I am 26 weeks and just starting to show. Some women never really "look pregnant" either...so don't worry.

I'm 18 weeks and have only went up 1 size in shorts but barely a bump. It looks like I just ate at a buffet!

I was bump jealous at first but now I'm am just excited that I get to enjoy summer at the lake and still look good in swimwear

Bumps come in all different sizes. Yesterday I was at a get together and I posed in a photo with three other pregnant ladies, two of which were pregnant with me last time and the other one is on her third (bigger age gap). There is 6 weeks between us, and the range of bumps make us look like there is twice as much of a gap! The smallest is wearing maternity trousers, but I'm not yet though my bump is more noticeable than hers. We all stick out and grow differently. We're also all on 2+ so we are showing earlier than last time.

A lot of bump photos here are from women who have more than one, or feel especially big. No one shows off their lack of bump really, so it does seem that everyone is bigger. It's probably not a true representation.

my first i didnt get bump till 28w i didnt gain no weight but i made up for it in last 6 and went 4x the size and gained 4st!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->