16 weeks pregnant, have a toddler, and I've just ended it with my abusive OH... :'(

I've been through a really mentally draining break up and I know exactly what you mean when you say you miss him. Honestly you don't miss him. You miss the idea of who you thought or think he was. The fantasy he was in the beginning before he showed you who he really was. Stay strong and it will pass. Good luck

Medic76097, you are exactly right with that! I don't miss him, I just miss the idea of him, the person I wish he would be.

But there's no point wishing for something that is never gonna happen. He'll never change. He's still texting me pretty much every day saying awful things and trying to bring me down and upset me. And it works sometimes but I just call my social worker and have a chat and that usually cheers me right up, as well as just playing with my little boy and reminding myself that I'm not just doing this for me, but also my son and future baby.

It's hard and it's going to get a lot harder once this new baby is here but I just have to keep reminding myself that this is what's best for both me and my babies. Plus I'm moving back to my hometown very soon so I'll be very close to all of my family and friends again so I'll have plenty of support and help and should be able to get through this no problem.

Thanks for all the support from everyone on here too, it makes me feel so much better knowing I'm not alone in all this. I'm so grateful :cry: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->