Ididnt even get a 6 week check lol theyre so useless around here :hissy:

I just had my supposed 6 week check today, I had to wait an hour (because of an emergency with another patient) then when I finally got in there she just took my blood pressure and said "everything ok down there yea?" basically trying to get me to say yes so she could just get me out of there (I think she only had one other patient after me)
I was soo frustrated!!!!! she didnt ask me anything, I asked her to check me out because thought I had swollen up, she had a quick glance and announced everything was ok, my feet have swelled up badly, just take water tablets, and I had to ask about concrecption!!(sp?) she suggested the coil, (Which my GP apparantly doesnt do, I have to go to the Heath Centre to get it sorted and fitted!!!

EURGHH!

I am really disappointed with my 6 week check up tbh. Couldn't get my normal GP as she was on holiday so got another one that I've never been to before. When I went in, after waiting 30 mins, she said 'Well what can I do for you?' - eh, hello 6 week postnatal!!!

Then proceeded to ask the standard, 'are you feeling ok?', 'I take it, it was a normal delivery' - well not really, I had a forceps delivery. Didn't check my stitches, didn't even really ask if I felt everything was ok, then proceeded to talk about contraceptives. I explained that I'd been on the pill before but I'm normally rubbish at remembering to take them so what were the options. She ran throught them very quickly, basically telling me the coil is the best but I need to get swaps taken - to check for infections - before it can be fitted and it is one of the other female gp's that does it. She also told me that my weight was obviously an issue! Now, ok I'm no skinny chick but I only put on 2 stone during my pregnancy and I've already lost 1.5 st! Yes, I agree I could do with losing a couple of stones but I gave birth 6 weeks ago for goodness sake!!!! She then asked if I did any exercise!

Sorry for the rant, think I needed to get that off my chest!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->