16w and High BP

Christina86

Reaction score
My OB had me come in today for a BP check which was high but not as high as it had been this weekend. Then I got sent to the hospital for labs. I had BP issues with my dd which eventually ended up with me on bed rest and an induction but it didn't start until late 7mo and then got bad in 8/9mo. I'm only 16w2d. If this crap keeps up its going to be a long few months. =[

I had high bp during my last pregnancy which never turned in to pre eclampsia. It was annoying having to be monitored constantly though. They also let me go 10 days overdue before inducing me. My blood pressure sky rocketed during labor though and I had to have an epidural right away to bring it back down.

What was your blood pressure reading?

Mines been high ish this whole pregnancy. Usually 130s/70-80s. Already tested for pre e and that came back negative, but I'm sure there will be more watching the further along I get. Thankfully my Drs don't seem too concerned at this point but it is annoying. Part of me wonders if it's always high when I go in because I'm stressing out about it being high.

In the last three days the highest has been 183/72 and the lowest 169/71. It dropped a bit more at the ob office but was still 140/76.

Mine is alwayssss around 140/90 and no one ever seems concerned.

Your bottom number is still very low and normal which is what is the most concerning number. If it was over 90 they would be more worried.

During labor mine went up to 160/100 and then they were concerned and gave me the epidural.

Mine started like this w/ my daughter and then kept going up. I was at 190/101 and then put on bed rest/ got an induction date as after that reading it dropped down. Never turned into pre eclampsia. I't was a pain to deal with for two months let along from 16w. Ugh

Here in the UK (or at least at my hospital) their concerns are when the systolic reading (bottom number) is /100. Mine at booking was 145/84 which isn't too bad. I got high BP with my eldest and it stayed for 3 years. I was induced with both girls at 37w because medication stopped helping and it was consistently high /90's low /100's. This weekend mine was 165/106 so I've a feeling I'll be started back on medication today and monitored til 37w. I also have gestational diabetes. It's a pain being monitored but as long as baby is ok I'll do anything :)

:flow:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"