17 weeks - feeling like crap again

Savasanna

Reaction score
What happened? I'm suddenly feeling COMPLETELY awful again, just when I thought I was in the golden second trimester phase. I'm exhausted, have a horrible headache that will not quit (bonus - I work 10-hour days staring at a computer screen.. so I'm sure THAT'S not helping at all), am feeling nauseous again..

Is this normal to have your first tri symptoms creep back up from time to time? More importantly - please tell me this will only last a day or two and I'll be back to (what was my) normal soon! I was feeling so good this weekend that I actually even with for a light run! I thought we were in the clear!

Headaches are pretty normal for second tri anyway, but it will come and go, yes. Hopefully you have time for a nap. I find that at least my hour of "quiet time" every day will keep my headaches away or at least keep them from getting too bad. When I have to babysit my nephews 3 days a week, my head is BOOMING the entire time. They are LOUD, and my older nephew drums on every darned thing. lol My Patience is THIN during this time.

Yea.. my wife and I are caring for a 5 month old right now who, shall we say, is not the best sleeper in the world. So sleep is not something either of us are getting a ton of at the moment. We alternate nights on who gets up with her. Last night was my night and I was also not the most patient version of myself either. So very looking forward to going to sleep tonight!

I felt great around 13-15 weeks then got daily headaches and throwing up almost daily again. It was awful. 19+4 today and have had close to a week finally feeling normal again. My ob said it's pretty standard up to 20 weeks. I'm sorry you feel awful, it's terrible! Hopefully, it clears soon for you!

From personal experience, days that I have a headache, I feel so much worse than when I don't. I think the headache ramps up my nausea two fold. All I want to do is sleep it off. Headaches are quite common for the second trimester as your hormones are still regulating out and since you're feeling better, you're probably eating more, and your blood sugar is more than likely taking dips which make you feel like crap.

Sadly, the feeling like crap comes and goes (well, it has for me hopefully this is just a little blip for you)... This has been the worst pregnancy for me, the first 2 kids I felt fit as a fiddle come 12 weeks after only very mild ms, the third I felt really badly sick until 12 weeks then was fine and this one I felt sick till 11 weeks (not as bad as my third but still rough) but I STILL feel exhausted and crappy now at 2 days shy of 30 weeks :/

I think each pregnancy just is what it is, and I hope you feel better soon.

Thanks, everyone! I'm prone to headaches anyway so I'm not surprised this is happening. I just hate it when you wake up with them. Such a bummer to start the day. It seems to not be a prominent today though, so I'm hoping it's passing. :/ Although I also was sick this morning and it's been weeks since that's happened so.. maybe not.

Anyway - in the grand scheme of things this pregnancy hasn't been bad and I'm happy to deal with all the aches and pains. I guess I was just a little naive in that I thought those symptoms were done and we had moved on. It makes more sense that they come and go. C'est la vie. I'll survive! :)

Lilmiss - interesting point on the blood sugar! I've never had to think about regulating that before but maybe I should try to take measure of what I'm eating to prevent any huge spikes.

Ugh sorry to hear this. I had a pretty terrible first trimester (ok not as bad as some women on here) but it felt gross to me. I thought I was in the clear too after around 12/13 weeks. But the headaches suck and are coming more frequently and I've been throwing up again the past four days. I was pretty surprised too because I thought once I was feeling better, it was going to stick, but guess that's not always the case. At least it's not as bad as it was. But I think it's just going to be like this, good days and not so good days.

I agree lack of sleep doesn't help the situation. I always notice the nausea is worse for me if I wait too long to eat too, so I think the blood sugar thing does play a role.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->