17week wonder week!

SarahDiener

Reaction score
Did anyone have this hell week/period? I wondering how long it lasted for you. I'm hoping mine wont be too long because Im finding it really hard to cope with!

We had this about three weeks ago, she was so grumpy and unsettled for about five days then suddenly she turned into the most delightful she's ever been and with lots of new tricks - blowing raspberries, giggles, shrieks, picking her feet up and rolling onto her side, grabbing things with both hands.

So just ride it out, its hard, but the aftermath is worth it. Good luck xxxx

It could last up to two weeks. By the time u get used to it it will get easier. But there will be others. We just got through a wonder week and mine is almost a year old!

What's going on for you? We had a major sleep regression but I think only part of it was actually strictly developmental. I think part of it was that he wasn't eating as much during the day because he was getting so distracted, so needed to eat more at night, and part of it was definitely that he got more sensitive to noise at night and thus started waking up more easily. Aside from the sleep, I don't think I noticed anything particularly wonder-week-y (fussiness, clinginess). The sleep regression lasted about a month and a half for us, so I really hope it's not as bad for you!! But on the upside, this is SUCH a fun time, you will be amazed at how much she is learning and how quickly!

Sorry to say, WW19 lasted over a month for us.

3 weeks for fussiness and one week of real upset.

We're just entering WW26 so there hasn't been much of a gap between the two!

Still going on for us... I miss my happy baby who slept well! She was so angry today she wouldnt even smile, not once!!!

Huge sleep regression, well not even regression, she's never really been like this! Waking all the time, wanting to comfort feed, taking an hour and a half to go to sleep at 3.30am sleeping for 40mins and then being up for another hour...She's normally fairly easy to get to sleep too, and now shes fighting me, literally physically struggling for an hour. I have to kind of trick her..

She seems ok during the day, she's become SUPER friendly wih other people and seems to be able to do heaps of the things they're supposed to be able to do at the end of it. So Im wondering if it wont last so long for us. (well hoping!!!)

We are flying to New Zealand in a week, I really hope she isnt like this the whole time there! I guess though she'll have jet lag etc, so maybe I wont notice the end...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->